3- Issues

I realize that the Alpha was the one being attacked. Patty shifted instantly and tackles the larger black wolf. Alex moved to stand in front of me. Alpha Daniel stood up and attacked the wolf with patty. Together they manage to pin the wolf.

A few other people come in the house carrying a larger silver crate with gloves. The men set the crate down and opened it. Patty and the Alpha growled and attacked the wolf till he retreated into the crate.

 If he touched any of the silver a puff of smoke came from the spot and his fur would appear burnt. He had to sit on a black padding in the bottom of the cage. The men closed and locked the cage and took the wolf away.

The Alpha and Patty left down a hallway. Patty come back a moment later with an older man. He walked with a cane and had a gimp in his left leg. His hair was a pepper grey color.

“I am Alpha Daniel, you, my young lady, must be Whisper Woods.” He sits in a chair and motions for me to sit. So I do sit on the couch.

“Yes, I’m Whisper.”

He sniffs the air and looks me dead in the eye. “You’re human. I know all about your past. You have a habit of attracting unwanted attention, and getting in trouble for things that you have nothing in common with.

 You lost your father before you were born, your mother died at a young age and from there you were tossed throughout the country just because of rumors and trouble that followed you. That trouble followed because vampires have always followed you.

 From the time your mother was bitten till earlier today, you have been followed and stalked. I know all of this because I have contacts. Some vampires out there disagree with the leaders of Dark World and they keep my informed.

 The moment those men pulled you away into that alley till now you have not been near a vampire. I understand something happened in the alley but due to your ways I will not question how you escaped. I also offer council for if you wish for it. I will home you here even if you are not of use. You are a powerful young lady to go through what you have.”

 I looked at the floor the entire time he spoke. Memories of older men following me, talking to me, and sometimes touching me flashed through my mind. Every foster home I went to there was a man following me. Every home there was someone there watching me. Even those times I was captured and raped I always felt help was close by but it never came.

Tears started to flow down my face. Flashes of pain and misery from years of abuse and neglect continue to flow through my mind. I try so hard to keep my wall up, to not think about my past, but this old man simply uses a few words and my wall crumbles. I, myself, crumble to the floor crying.

I hear the Alpha say something and I’m picked up by the arms. Someone grabs my legs and I’m carried up stairs to a bed. As I’m laid down I hear Patty talk to me. “Sleep sweetie, you’ve had it rough. It’s ok, take your time.

As soon as the door is shut I curl into a ball and continue to cry till I fall sleep.

Its sunrise when I wake up. I stretch and look around. I’m in a guest bedroom. There’s a walk-in closet and a private bathroom. My backpack is on the edge of the bed. I pull out my parent’s weeding photo. Their smiles warm my heart. I set the photo on the bed when I notice a note on the dresser. ‘Whisper, The room is yours will we get you a house for yourself. Breakfast is downstairs. Make yourself at home.’

I look around the room. It’s larger than any room I’ve ever had and the door has a dead bolt. I feel safe already. I grab my parent’s photo and stand it up on the bedside table. I place my junk phone next to it. All of my paper work stays in my backpack as I pull my clothes out. I open the closet to find winter clothes. I look through the clothes and find another note. ‘These are for you. You said you needed then so Alpha had some bought.’ It was signed by Patty.