13 - Agreement

Ryan laughed out loud. “I wouldn’t call it an attack my dear girl.”

I jumped up. My fangs extend in rage. “Ryan, you can go to hell! You attacked and rapped me! You were the first of many! I know for a fact that it was you! You left me in that alley with nothing but shredded clothes and a card that fell out of your pocket! You’re an asshole and a... A... A Bastard!”

I was seconds from shifted and tearing his throat out when Daniel grabs my arms and pinned me to his chest from behind. I growled but didn’t fight the Alpha. Patty stood in between me and Ryan who began to speak. “My, my, my, Whisper. You have such the temper now. Must be all that nasty vampire venom. Wouldn’t be any good for you to kill me, being that I am anonymous funder of this entire rebellion. Only out dear Alpha knows that I am the funds to the project.”

He laughed and got up. I watched as he walked to a window and looked out through the blinds. “Only seems that the Alpha has been keeping you secret. Alex didn’t even realize that I am a werewolf. I just happened to smell human the day we meet. I had heard rumors about you and sent my message of greetings. That child has a very bad memory from what I hear.”

I was still furious but I sat down and Daniel let go of my arms. He sat next to me. “Ryan, you can still go to hell. And on the way, take Alex with you.”

Ryan turned to look at me. “Why that wouldn’t be good either. I know where James is and I also know the perfect way to get him out of that awful prison cell. So if I were to leave you would be helpless. Your spies are not as trustworthy Daniel. You should think about calling a few back for some retraining.”

I growled. “Who are you other than a child rapist and rich drug dealer?”

He smiled and pulled a cigar from his coat. “Whisper, I am an ex-Alpha. I knew your parents better then they knew themselves. And I know a lot about you Whisper. Until arrest when you were 12, I watched you and made sure to study you.”

I gripped the chair arm, making it groan from my strength. “Why would you follow my parents or me?”

He lit the cigar and took in a large breath. “Well, Whisper, your father was my cousin. He never knew me but I had heard about his human affair I started watching. When he was killed, it only interested me with you.”

I sighed in anger. “And that gave you the right to attack me?”

Ryan smiled. “No but when your mother died your beauty distracted me. You are such a lovely woman. James is a loser to buy that stripper just because he was lonely and drunk.”

My hurt and anger finally got the better of me. The crack about James was the last straw.

My vision went red and I felt my clothes rip and my joints rearranged and I shifted. I focused on Ryan when I was side blinded by a massive black wolf. My back hit the floor hard and I looked up to see the wolf standing over me. His maul dripped spit and he growled. His eyes were blood red.

My rage was still affecting me and I snapped at his throat. He was too slow and I grabbed a large bit of his scruff. I bit down, drawing blood. The wolf yelped and jumped away from me. I had let go once he moved away.

I got to my feet and looked for my attacker. The wolf stood in front of Ryan. Daniel come over to me grabbed my scruff. I didn’t move except to look at the wolf.

Ryan petted its head. “Forgive my pet. He is a full blood wolf. No human or werewolf in him. A little but of vampire venom and here is what you get. Whisper, you must really learn to control that temper. Your wolf must be very wise to let you be in control even now.”

I growl and the wolf stood up and growled back. 

“Whisper, don’t antagonize Shay. He is very protective. As I was saying before your outburst. James is a failure for a Mate. A hybrid at that makes him worse. But since you obviously don’t care about what he did to your heart then I will relay to Daniel my information as a cost.”

I growled but nudged Daniel’s leg. He let go of me. I left the living room and went to my room. I got dressed and come back to the living room. I stood behind a couch and watched Shay. “Ryan, what is it you want in return? What is the price you will charge?”

Ryan took a breath from his cigar as he thought. “Well what would measure up to your mate’s life and the only known male hybrid in existence? You’re first daughter? You? The possibilities are short but highly priced.”

I growled. “You can have an object of choice. Not a person.”

He shook his head. “The life of one requires the giving up of someone else. Someone of importance has to be made for trade.”

Daniel spoke up after such a larger amount of silence. “Do the services of a man count?”

Ryan looked at Daniel. “I have no use for you. You’re too old and your needed here.”

Daniel shook his head. “Not me, Alex.”

Ryan gave Daniel a funny look and looked at me. “Well Alex is a good candidate. Young, strong, a reputation. But he is not Whisper’s to give in replacement Alpha.”

I caught onto Daniel’s idea. “Alex does belong to me. As an hybrid, I am above the alpha’s rule. I could challenge him and beat him. Therefore, what belongs to the alpha belongs to me.”

Ryan looked at Daniel and nodded in agreement. “Well then you have a deal. Every bit of information about James in exchange for the service owed to you from Alex, to be transferred to me.”

Ryan held out his hand to me and we shook on it.

I then went to my room and locked the door. Collapsing on my bed, I spoke to Blood-Fang. ‘Why is my past haunting me? I didn’t make these choices and I don’t know what I did to deserve this.’

‘Child, karma works in mysterious ways. It’s possible that your hard work and efforts will be paid off one day.’

I sighed and rolled off the bed and picked up my journal. I flipped through the pages written so far. ‘Blood-Fang? Do you think my journal was a good idea?’

I felt warmth come from her through my mind. ‘Of course, it will organize your memories and maybe help you keep your head straight. You might not notice but you have become much calmer since you started it.’

I smiled and started to write again. I was on age 8. I wrote everything I could remember. I was at my 9th birthday when someone knocked on the door.

 I got up, placing my journal on my dresser, and opened the door. Daniel stood there. “Whisper, I will be leaving tonight to get James. Ryan and Patty will be staying here. Before I leave, are there any requests that you have?”

I nodded and thought for a minute before answering. “Yes, I want a wolf here to keep an eye out, as a guard. Lane Firebrow, I talked to him earlier this morning. Hopefully he won’t mind. I also wonder if you can talk to someone about a few galleons of blood being stocked here somewhere.”

Daniel nodded. “Of course. Lane is an excellent choice and one I would suggest. As for the blood, I will have a fridge placed in the wine cellar. The door is in the back of the living room closest.”

I smiled. “Thanks so much Daniel. Call me as soon as you have James. Good luck.”

Daniel welcomed me and left. Feeling tired, I went back to my bed and curled up for the night.