5- Understanding

I wake up early in the morning to a knock at my door. “Whisper? We need you down stairs. You have a visitor.”

I jump up. Who could it be? I don’t have any friends and no one knows that I am here. And I don’t have any family as far as I know.

I get dressed and head down stairs. Daniel, Alex, Patty and some guy are seated in the living room. I walk in and the man stands up. He looks around nervously. I shake his hand. “Who are you?”

He laughs a little and sits back down. He watches me as I take a seat before he speaks. “I am an old friend of your fathers. My brother was his Beta and the one who failed at watching over your family. My brother hesitated when your parents were attacked and therefore the blame for your problems.”

I gasped and looked at my hands. My wolf growled through my head and I felt my fangs extend a tiny bit. Anger flared through my body momentarily. “Why are you here and not him?”

He sighed. “My brother is dead. He felt bad for you and has watched you grow and suffer for his mistake. But he was murdered in the process. I’m here to meet the sorrows of his life and to apologize for him.”

I nodded and the anger slowly faded into sadness. “It’s ok. I probably would’ve had a boring life without troubles. Everyone says that I am 100% human so my life would be human. I find all this… Information enlightening. I prefer to know the truth then the lies I once knew.”

I played with my hands and never looked up. Alex made a noise trying to get attention. “Well nice to know your family is the bane of her existence. My question is can you introduce yourself now? Your brother isn’t here. You are.”

The man growled at Alex. “Well excuse me for taking care of important matters first Alex. My name is Victor. And I know all about you Alex. Who doesn’t besides Whisper? I wonder if anyone has thought to tell her of your untrustworthy past.”

Alex growled back. “It’s nobody’s business to know my past. Its past for a f*cking reason. And I don’t trust you.”

He got up and stormed out of the house. Alpha stood up and followed him. I look around in question. Patty stood up and asked Victor and I to follow. We end up in the office to talk.

“We are in here because our blood witch child left the enchantment of no eavesdroppers on the room. We can talk in private here.”

Victor sighed and ran his fingers through his graying black hair. “Well Patricia probably already knows but you don’t. Alex is a notorious werewolf who is wanted in a few states and in Mexico. He is a criminal and rouge who plays by his own rules. Only reason he is here is because he has a good credit with our vampire spies. He also owes a few favors to your Alpha. He will only listen to Daniel till those favors are paid off.  Stay away from him Whisper. He is dangerous. He is the reason why you have not been left alone as far as I know.”

I coughed. “Umm... I was in a car with him just the other day alone. No one else was there and we ended up on the side of the road because I wouldn’t trust me. My w… wonderful gut told me not to trust him. So I haven’t.” My wolf growled at me when I almost gave her up.

Patricia but in then, “That’s good. We had a wolf in the back of the car the entire time. Alex was too stupid to check. The wolf laid in the back under a blanket and listened to everything. We know about your threat but understand that we were watching Alex. You are of no worry to us. Alex could betray us easily.”

I nodd and Victor sighed. “Well my pack doesn’t need me. I’ll hang around to add o your protection. If you have any questions about your father you can talk to me.” He got up and left.