Chapter 1 First meeting

Y/N pov

I woke up to the glow of freshly fallen snow outside. The glow was bright enough to show through the paper covers on the door. Everything was quiet. Nothing i wasn't use to but it was new silence. The birds aren't chirping and for a small town nothing was going on outside either. I got out of bed and opened the door. The snow was blinding, covering the entire grounds around us and the building. Closing the door I got changed into a warmer kimono and stepped outside. Everything was peaceful, the snow didn't even have any footprints in them.

"Where is everyone?" I asked looking over head to see the sun directly above us while being slightly cloudy. I started to walk around to hear or see anything, but it was nothing. No kids, no adults talking to one another.

"Mom! Dad!... Where are you guys!?!?" I yelled walking to the part of town they always went to. It's the part of town where a lot of people go drinking or dancing. I looked around, not even the guy at the stand was there. I sighed and closed my eyes. I tried to remember what mom taught me about.... What was it called again... aura I believe and how to feel it. My body started to tingle as I focused on the air flow around me. Everything was numb, nothing moving and nothing even here. I opened my eyes again and started to walk home when something caught my attention. It was a faint aura going to the outer part of town. I followed it slowly since I rarely go out that far.

"Is everyone over there?" I listened for any sound the farther I went and the stronger the aura got. It was still quiet but the aura was feeling as if it was right on top of me. The trees were covered in snow creating a large shadow all the way to a cave just ahead. I walked over taking slow steps as the air seemed to grow still as if something was there. I couldn't tell from the aura if it was safe or not but my gut said to look and see if anyone was in there. I walked into the cave hearing nothing but my own footsteps. While I couldn't see anything in here I could feel something. It's strong and close by that much I could tell. I walked farther into the cave to hear ....sucking? No drinking? I walked slowly and took off my shoes to try and hide my steps as much as I could. I made it to a corner as the sounds were louder. I pecked over to see someone hunched over eating something.

"Hmm?.... Who's there?" they said in a low tone, turning their head slightly. I stayed quiet and didn't move a muscle as they lit a small flame on a torch. I got a better look at what they were eating and nearly screamed. There was blood everywhere. It ran from the walls and pooled at the floor. The light barely showed what was shown but I could tell they were people from town. Wemon, kids, teens and father sprawled into a pile at the back of the cave. I backed up and tripped over a rock. I heard them quickly stand and start walking over. I stood up and ran out of the cave quickly not knowing what that person would do to me. I ended up tripping into the snow face first and started to back up facing the cave.

"Ahh so I missed a little girl did i? Mm this will be interesting if i do say so myself." he said, looking at me his voice was low with a scratchy way of speaking.. I started backing up as they grew closer. He had gray skin and red eyes without any pupils. His face, arms, shirt and pants were covered in blood. They looked at me with a wide smirk showing long fangs. I kept my distance and got to my feet.

"W-what... what happened to them.... What did you do to my family?!?" I yelled , shaking.

"The same thing that I'll do to you kid. By looking at you I'd say you're the child of the couple without a kid. Both with brown hair and darker skin tone if im not mistaken." He started to walk towards me faster as I kept up the speed, backing up without paying attention I felt sunlight on the back of my neck. I turned around and ran into the opening and got closer to town. I looked back to see him standing farther in the shade under the snow covered trees.