chapter 6 part three: markings

Y/N pov

I stood up and began walking around the building looking at the piece of fabric. I watched as it expanded again in the palm of my hand and shrunk again. I put it into my sleeve as I walked down a busy hallway and went into my room. I sat in front of my mirror and pulled out the fabric in front of me.

"Alright, let's try this out," I said calmly, holding my hands out over the fabric and closing my eyes. I gave a sigh and waited. The demonic feeling started to rush over me the longer I held my hands over it. I was fighting my instinct to move my hands knowing that the longer I held my hand there the closer I could get to understanding the method used for this and could recreate it on my fan.

"Got it," I said holding one hand over the cloth and my other on my fan. I focused and watched the fan take on the same flower pattern then changed to match my kimono. I moved my hand and looked at the fabric. It was basically shriveled up to the point it looked burned. I swept the remains into a small bag and tossed it out into the street. I opened my fan and watched as the pattern shifted to one side and quickly changed again. I flipped it over and saw that the pattern on the front stayed the same.

"Okay, hopefully, this works as I hope it will,'' I said putting the back to my face and looking at the pattern. It moved from side to side and then appeared in the center of my fan. I turned around keeping the fan to my face and saw Warabihime standing behind me with a disgusted stare in her eyes. I could feel the demonic vibe I got from her before but it was stronger, giving a shiver down my back.

"Oh hello warabihime sorry for not giving you my attention sooner. I asked, "What brings you here?" I asked.

"She has to be the demon. No doubt about it." I thought to myself as she pushed my fan away and grabbed my chin.

"So you're the one who did it?" she said with her nails digging into my cheeks.

"O-ow what are you talking about miss?" I said I tried to get her grip off of my face but it was no use since her nails were deep into my cheeks.

"First the ugly blonde now you!" she yelled, throwing me across the room. I sat up and held my cheek as she picked up my fan and looked at it.

"What is this? It's hideous. You turned my fabric into some cheap imitation!" she yelled, ripping it apart before walking over to me and holding me by my hair with a growing smirk but it slowly faded as she looked at my cheek. She threw me back on the ground and scoffed.

"That asshole," she said under her breath before leaving my room. I sat up and went to my mirror and watched the cuts start to fade as if they never happened. I picked up my fan and smirked.

"Good to know I found the demon and that I bought two fans," I said pulling out my backup and holding my hands over it. The pattern started to change again as I moved my hands. I closed my fan and tucked it away as I got ready for bed. I blew now the lone candles in my room before crawling into bed.

I woke up the next morning to loud stomping outside my room and my door swinging open. I sat up to see Inosuke closing the door quickly.

"Hey get up, the lord of festivals will be on the roof soon!" he yelled, pulling off my blankets.

I chuckled, "Okay okay. I'll be up there soon.'' He walked out of my room as I got ready and grabbed my fan before a swamp appeared on the rooftop. I found tanjiro and inosuke talking to each other.

"Hey, guys. So what's going on?" I asked sitting next to inosuke.

"Lord Tengen wanted to meet us before the day started," Tanjiro said with a smile. I was going to say something when a gust of wind flew past me and saw Tengen crouched over the edge.