chapter 3 : recovery & new mission

Chapter 3

Y/N pov

After helping everyone to the base I saw Tanjiro being carried off on one of the medics backs with another holding his large box which I would assume would be nezuko inside. They were being carried off to a different building not too far from where the building I would sleep in would be. I gave a sigh of relief as more of our commarads came from the mountain slowly after. The medics that were carrying people to the infermy were rushing past me. As they ran I saw Inosuke and the blond haired boy running past me as well. I stood at the entrance to make sure of the head count of demon slayers that were coming in. as the last one came through i looked at the sky and watched the sunrise start to break through.

"96... we had sent in over 200 of our demon slayers...." I said with a heavy heart as my hair fell in front of my face and I went back to my room. On the walk back I saw Rengoku and Shinobu walking together in the hall. I figured I'd walk with them but I felt too tired to do so. I came into my room and got changed to lay down to call it a night before noon came. When I woke up I got dressed and made my way to the main garden to report to the master on the demon slayers that were still alive but badly injured. While walking I saw Giyuu by himself. I could tell just from the look on his face something big was going to happen but I couldn't think of what. I continued walking to see the hashira standing around someone tied up on the ground. I was going to go over but the wind showed up holding a large box in the distance as if to see what was happening. I watched closely to see the boy was Tanjiro as Shinobu gave him something to drink. He yelled something but I couldn't hear where I was. The wind hashira came up with the box and stabbed it in front of Tanjiro. Before anyone could react he sped over to him and headbutted him and got him to put down the box. A few moments later his head was shoved into the ground as the master came out. I walked over and got one of the girls' attention.

"Ahh Y/N, I see you're here just in time." the master said calmly.

I took a knee and bowed, "Master, I've come to report approximately 96 of our demon slayers have returned either scratched or severely injured."

He nodded, "Thank you, I would like you to stay and hear what I'm hoping to explain if you don't mind."

"Of course master." I said going off to the side of the wind hashira and catching Tanjiro's eye.

"Now then the matter I wish to discuss with you all is about the demon Nezuko and the demon slayer Tanjiro... it is my wish you allow them to work together as demon slayers." the master said as the air grew stiff. I turned my gaze to the hashira and they all had the same face of 'how could we allow a demon'.

"I'm sorry master but i must decline your request!" Rengouk said with a booming voice.

"I thought as much. If i'm correct Tanjiro from your travels with her, do you mind shedding some light on it." the master asked.

"She's... she's my little sister. The entire time I was training she was asleep and lasted for two years. In that time nezuko hasn't eaten a single person!" he said, struggling to sit up.

"Well she's your sister. We have no reason to believe you since for all we know you're covering up what she's done." the snake hashira said sitting perched in a tree.

"Pardon me for speaking out of turn, master but I feel I could say something if you don't mind." I said calmly. He gave a nod for me to speak.

"Fighting on the mountain Nezuko seemed to assist Tanjiro in a fight with a lower moon if I am not mistaken. I don't think she wants to harm anyone here." I said calmly.

"And how are you so sure you can trust her?" the wind hashira said as he gave me a cold glared at me.

"Because if she wanted to harm anyone here I don't think the demon they were fighting would have strung her up among the trees if she was fighting Tanjiro." I said calmly.