chapter 8 part 2

Y/N pov

I walked back into the camp and sighed holding my chest as thoughts flooded my head. I looked at my hands and saw the marking start to creep on my fingers and wrist.

"What do I do?" I said, looking at the ceiling. I was pulled out of my thoughts as a door opened showing tanjiro, zenitus, and inosuke.

"Y/N what was he... are you okay?" Tanjiro asked, looking at my hands.

"Yeah I'm fine..." I said, crossing my arms.

"Are you sure? I can hear your heartbeat from here." Zenitus said, walking over.

"Y-yeah don't worry about it," I said walking past them.

"Do you want to talk to the hashiras I'm sure they'll be able to help you?" Tanjiro asked

"N-no! Please don't... I couldn't bear telling them about this.."

"What do you mean?" Tanjiro asked

I sighed as the markings grew darker, "They've been so kind to me while I was here... and this happening right after Rengoku passed and tangen more than like resigning after the last demon battle... they could start looking at me as a threat to the demon slayers."

"But they've let nezuko stay and work alongside me. Why wouldn't exactly what happened? I'm sure they'll understand." tanjiro said calmly

"As much as I want to believe that they would... too much has happened for me to tell them. I wouldn't doubt that they would suspect I'm working for the muzan... I don't want that outcome." I said leaning on the wall.

"What do-"

"I was at the demon's hideout... i-... I don't know how I got there, but I was, muzan was trying to turn me into a full demon but I ran before they had the chance." I said cutting zenitus off.

"What!? Kubisuji?! Why would that demon want you to be a full demon?!" zenitus yelled

"Shhh!! I don't want the whole corps to know!!" I said, putting my hand over his mouth, "I trust Akasa... I don't think he'll turn me into one unless I want to... but if muzan catches word of this. Who knows how long I'll be running."

"But still why do they want you to be a full demon?" Tanjiro asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I took a breath, "Apparently... as I get stronger I'll get to the point where I'll be half as strong as Akasa."

"Who's Obaza?!" inosuke asked

"Akasa... he's the third moon in the upper moons. He was the one outside... and who killed Rengoku." I said with a heavy chest.

"But... Why would he want to give you the option? He's a demon bound to muzan wouldn't he listen to his word?" tanjiro asked

"That's what I thought but he doesn't have any intent on harming me. He said so with Rengoku's fight, and I haven't felt any intent of harming me each time we've interacted." I said calmly. I looked at the boys and that all had their own worry and fear of what could happen to me. I gave a smile and pulled them into a hug.

"Don't worry, I'll tell the corp... I'll tell them when I'm ready. Okay?" I said calmly with a soft smile on my face.

"Alright. If you need someone with you please, come find me. I'll gladly accompany you." Tanjiro said with a smile.

I gave a nod, "I'll keep it in mind. It's late. I'll head to bed. Goodnight guys." I said walking away hearing good nights in the distance. I looked at my hands and saw the markings were gone. I was happy since it wouldn't be a good idea if anyone else had seen them. So much has happened. If I told the hashers and the master... what would they think with everything going on. The demons seem like they're getting restless but... the number of moons are lowering. Could this be where we stop all these years of sadness? The more I was lost in thought I found myself standing at my door. I went in, changed, and laid in my bed staring at my ceiling. The more I started the more akasa came to mind. I know he has no intention of hurting me but... with Muzan would he have a choice after a while.

"Shit,'' I said covering my face with my arm. I looked at my hand one more time hoping all of this would be a dream come morning.

Merichi? Can you hear me? A voice asked with no sound cueing where it would be coming from.

"What the?... Akaza?" I asked, sitting up in my bed and looking out the window. I saw the sun slowly rising so there's no way he's at my window.

Good to see it works. How are you feeling? He asked

"Fine. how are you doing this... I didnt think you would have any power over the mind." I said calmly.

Master is wanting me to find you any way I can so he gave us a mind link. He said as long as I speak to you I'd be able to find you. Apologies for your situation.

"It's fine. He only wants me because your numbers are shrinking right? But I think I know what I want to do. For now at least."

Really? Then may I know your answer?

I took a breath, "I want to stay human... At least for right now, I'm sure I can grow some more but I want to grow as a human being... there are still plenty of binge-eating demons out there...," I could feel images from the first demon I came across the form in my mind, "I won't let anyone see or experience what I did. That's a promise." I could hear akaza chuckling.

Strong words for a stronger woman... I'll hold you to your promise.

"A-akasa... I have a question."

Yes?

"If... if you and I survive this... can we actually get to know each other... no demons or slayers to fight... just you and me?" I asked

It will be a stretch to say I'll survive this.... But I accept your offer. It would be nice.

"I'll hold you to it.... Night... akaza."

Night....Y/N

With that, his voice disappeared. I closed my eyes turned on my side and drifted to sleep feeling a smile creep on my face. 

IM BACK!!! sorry for the late update I honestly forgot if I updated the story or not but it's finally posted! but that's all I got for you tonight let's hope the next one comes out sooner than five months later again! bye bye!!