Chapter 7: the king and his moons

I didnt think about it as he sped over and I jumped off the roof landing next to Tengen.

"Sorry to join this late into battle!" I said blocking some of the Dakis belts that were trying to slash my face.

"You're fine! Ugh!! We need to get them out of the district!" he yelled trying to hold off the other demon.

"Kinda hard when-! There's a belt and random poison strikes happening around us!" I yelled as I used my webs to get some distance between us and the demons.

"Where're the others?!" I asked as we started to speed over to daki and try to catch her off guard when Zentisu cut off her head and Inosuke started to sprint with it. I followed his movement when I saw the other demon running up to him on the room top. I got my webs wrapped around his leg and tried to pull myself up to him but it snapped before I got my grip steady and inosuke got stabbed in the side and him grabbing Daki's head.

"INOSUKE!!" I yelled, sprinting over and wrapping my webs around daki and the demon before trying to slam them into the ground. I couldn't tell what I was trying to do. All I was seeing was red with vague silhouettes with white highlights. I managed to grab Dakis head and webbed it on a house before kicking the other demon away. I landed and gripped the handle of my sword.

"You... Why do you insist on being a demon slayer? To live a useless life!" the demon yelled running at me and swinging his sickle. I was able to avoid it but I stumbled as he tried to strike my eyes. I blocked it with my hand, pulled out my fan, and kicked the demon away from me.

"Better time than any to try this out,'' I said quietly as I watched the fabric extend from the fan. I swiped the fan at the demon and watched as it wrapped around his waist and arms.

"Tanjiro!!" I yelled, throwing the demon at him and Tengen. I was going to run in when daki appeared behind me.

"You brat... copying my demon art," she said in a low tone before her belt grabbed me and slung me into the air.

"It may be a copy... But!" I yelled as the fabric wrapped around her and I pulled myself back down, "I get to make it my own!" I said landing and slinging her into the ground. I ran up to her and threw a few punches using the fan to block her belt.

"Oh please you'll always be the second-best rip-off!!" she yelled as her belt stabbed threw my leg and started to swing me into buildings. I felt the belt rip out of my leg as I landed in a building with people trying to take shelter from the battle outside. I looked out the window to see Daki staring at me as her belt came rushing in again. I took a dive at the people inside and opened and sawm leading them to the outskirts of the battle.

"Please go take shelter!!! This part of town is too dangerous!! If you find anyone still lingering, guide them to safety!!" I yelled. The civilians did not question it and scattered to either find shelter or others still in the part of town. I opened a swamp and came out the other side on top of a building that daki was in front of. I jumped down and used her belt as a step before wrapping her up with my spinning thread. I tried to keep my grip as her belt kept attacking from all sides. I both could but couldn't see where they were coming from. I was lost in the dark with each hit I got. I could feel the wound healing but it wasn't keeping pace with how quickly I got injured. I tried to move out of the way when I saw the belt but it scratched over my right eye causing me to lose my balance. I landed on my stomach as Daki's belt stabbed threw my wrist and ankles.

"Oh come on copycat! You've got to have more fight in you than that," she said walking over to me. My eye slowly started to heal and I was able to see where my fan landed. I acted like I was down and out while she was laughing. The fabric on the fan started to move and stabbed Daki threw the stomach and launched her over me and threw multiple buildings. The pieces of her belt that stable my hand followed her direction and I was able to stand.