chapter 5: where do i go now

When I woke up I could see the sun still in the sky but closer to it setting over the horizon. Everything was quiet as I turned to the back to the cave to see akaza awake in the far end of the cave.

"What are you planning to do with me? What was the point of taking me here?" i asked walking back to him but staying in the sun in case things went south.

"... I wanted to talk and actually catch up but... to think your a demon slayer you probably don't want to converse with a demon," he said standing up with enough light hitting him to where it wouldn't hurt him but i could see him clearly.

"Well your wrong about one thing I honestly do want to talk since you did save me years back and i have more questions for you," i said taking a seat on the ground.

His face showed concern as he sat down as well, "Well what did you want to ask?"

I had a bunch of questions for him but didnt know where to start. I wanted to ask if he knew the power he gave me from back then. I wanted to ask where he disappeared to that night or how he even knew what happened, but my mind went blank and remembered his panic from last night.

"Why did you freak out so much when i said kubisuji?" i asked

"That's the name of the master. Demons who say his name tend to die in extremely violent ways," he said calmly.

"If im right the boy that you tried to attack first said something about that." i said with my hand to my chin.

"The boy with the hanafuda earrings? Yes i heard about his fight with susamrau and yahaba." he said calmly.

"Okay.... Did you know the ablity you were giving me after having me drink your blood?" i asked

"To be honest. Not really. When a human drinks the blood of a demon it tends to have different reactions. Some tend to go mad, others die after it gets into there system and few and get abilities from it. I guess you got the better end of it." he said smirking.

"You wouldn't be wrong. I found im able to mimic demon arts but its not as powerful as the demons I've encountered," i said forming webs from my fingers.

"I know this much. The power you gain will grow stronger as you do. So as of right now the abilities you've gained while are fairly weak but who knows in the future. Now i have a question for you if you dont mind me asking." he said calmly.

"Okay then." i said calmly.

"What made you become a demon slayer? With the powers you were givin you could have easily trained with the master and gained a good rain among the 12 kisuki." he said calmly.

"While that is true i dont think i could carry the weight of killing a person but im sure thats my humanity talking." i said calmly.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well part of my humanity. I cant say being a demon wouldnt be bad but when you look at it most demons hav been around for years or centuries at a time. So with my humanity would I be able to carry the fact i killed people as if they were animals?" I said calmly before meeting his gaze.

"When you put it that way that i guess i understand. Just a little anyways." He said crossing his arms.

"Now.... The 12 kizuki.... I get the feeling the lower moon I and the other slayers encountered more than likely caused a commotion didnt it?" I asked feeling very confident I knew the answer already.

"You're not wrong that's for sure. Master talked to the rest of the lower moons not long after lower five was killed. I heard he killed the rest of the lower four." He said calmly

His response caught me guard, "Four? I thought there were six? So what happened to the fifth one?"

"You guys killed him remember? The train was the last of the lower six. He was sent to try and please master that the lower rank can hold there useful ness." He said calmly. I leaned on the palm of my hands and sighed. That demon was trying to prove its life by merging with the train.

"That's not something you see everyday." I chuckled.

"Not wrong there." He said as I stood up and stepped out of the cave.

"Where are you going?" He asked trying to follow forgetting the sun was still out.

"Nowhere since I dont really know the area I'm scoping it out for the moment so I can find a training ground." I said with a smile walking away from the cave.

Akaza POV

I watched as she left the cave with more confidence in her stride than fear the last time I had seen her.

"She really has gotten stronger hasn't she." I said to myself as she got put of view. When I could see her anymore I stood up and walked to the wall.

I let put a low groan, "Of course when I see her again it's when master orders me!" I leaned against it and sat on the ground and watch as the light lit up a part of the cave. I.had a feeling that she would be training well into the night fall and I could see her new powers on action since most of it I saw was Rui's or his "family's" demon arts. After a bit I saw the moon peek out among the clouds and could smell the blood list from something else in the trees. I quickly moved out of the cave and tryed to find Y/N. When I did she was completely surrounded. I gave a small smirk within the tree leaves and watched to see what she'd do.

"My little merechi... let's see how strong you've gotten."

IM STILL ALIVE!!!! Im sorry for the laaaaaaate update I was brain dead on this chapter for the longest time. So I do hope everyone was looking forward for this chapter and please give me some ideas on what I can do for akaza and Y/N in the next chapter.