•01•

Jae's POV

The morning I left for my Long journey was sunny, I can remember it as clear as day. It was dangerous. My family and my Fiancé trusted that I would return home safe. Boy were they wrong.
I could feel the sun radiating against my skin. I had to retrieve one of Nectars Minions to bring him in for questioning. Once I was able to capture him, I could open a portal to head home with one of these marbles my mother gave me. My family loved me very much, it wasn't my first time on a dangerous mission. I always came back home.

After traveling for almost 8 hours to the border I finally made it. I used my special talisman to open the barrier. Knowing that once I stepped in my only way out was this marble. There was only an opening from our side of the border for security reasons. This war between us and Nectar has been going on since our parents were our age. My grandmother banished her kind from our lands by using a spell to seal them away behind the border. I would be the first one to enter their land since then. I never thought I wouldn't make it back but here we are.

I walked through the barrier as it closed behind me. I could sense the energy of someone nearby. I formed a blade in my hand and walked with it ready for battle. I cut down some trees as I walked and a clearing came up. I wrapped my white and blue silk scarf around my face and only my eyes and hair were shown. I walked through to the clearing and a village entered my view. Straight ahead towards Nectars Castle was where I needed to go.

I moved quickly around the village trying to not attract attention from nearby guards. 'How am I going to get in' I thought to myself. I felt a presence around me and drew my blade again. I turned to my left to see Orion standing there. "I charged at him with the quickness but he dodged my attack. "Too slow." He said and shifted into a wolf. My eyes turned sky blue and I stomped on the ground making it freeze underneath him trapping his paws. "Who's stuck now." I laughed and drew my blade again aiming it at his neck. He grabbed my blade with his teeth and broke it. The ice below him began to crack and he managed to set himself free.

I summoned an ice storm to distract him while I moved to a higher vantage point. He followed my movements while still managing to dodge every drop of ice.  He pounced on me and dug his claws in to my abdomen. "F-Fuck" i grunted and tried pushing him off. I shot a blast of ice at him to get him off me and I slipped out of his grasp. My abdomen was bleeding profusely but I ignored it and continued to fight.

I stabbed Orion in the neck with my blade and he shifted back to his original form coughing up blood. He was on his knees, I walked up to him with my blade in hand preparing to slice his throat when a sharp pain flooded my body. A smirk on his face appeared as he pushed me off. I fell to the floor feeling my body get weaker.

I looked up to see Nectar, she was draining the blood from my body. "Aghhhhhhh!" I yelled in pain. "Idiot boy, you thought you would escape here with his head. Not on my watch," she said and moved closer. "You're worthless, you father was stupid for sending you here." She moved her hand faster and I could no longer keep my eyes open. "Y-You will not w-win." I say and with the last bit of my strength and attempt to freeze the ground again leaving her stuck with me.

"Pathetic, even your ice trucks won't work on me. Your heart is stopping it won't be long until I absorb your blood fully. But I'll speed up this process." She said and created a blood blade with my blood and stabbed me through the chest. "I-I" I choked on my own blood. I was unable to move. My eyes closed and I could faintly hear noise of a fight but it quickly faded.

Once my eyes closed I saw nothing but darkness. I was floating in limbo. I died an honorable death and I know my death would be a sign of honor. For what felt like years I was trapped in that state  until my eyes opened. All I saw around me was a galaxy. "Where am I?" I asked to no one and I expected no response. "You are in a nebula, your soul was saved by a dark mage." A voice responded. "Who-who are you?" I asked and the voice chuckled. "I am no one, I am only here to guide you to your next body." My eyes widened. "What do you mean my next body?"

"You will now live on as Park Jaehyun, better known as Jae. His soul was sacrificed for yours." He paused. "Good luck." Is all he said before the room started spinning and my chest started to hurt terribly. I felt my body contorting as the room spun. It felt like my bones were being crushed and put back together. "How will I live on in this new identity." I asked but got no response as I felt the room spin faster and faster.

My body ached in pain and my eyes kept closing. 'Why is this so painful' I thought as the pain grew worse and worse.

My eyes completely closed and the pain got bigger. I was screaming at the top of my lungs but I knew no one would hear me. "Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" My body felt like it was being ripped apart at this point and I just continued to fight the pain but it was no use.

It finally stopped and I was able to open my eyes. I felt a soft bed underneath me and I began to panic. 'Was this all a dream?' I thought to myself and I got up from where I was laying and it was a dark room. It was nighttime. I knew I wasn't in my room. 'Maybe I just slept in Micah's guest room. His maids probably carried me here.' I thought and walked to why felt like a door. I opened the door and it was a bathroom. I flicked on the light and I saw a mirror.

I stood infront of the mirror in complete shock. I screamed so loud. "WHAT THE FUCK!!!" I jumped back and fell to the floor. I slapped my head several times to see if I was dreaming and I slowly stood up to see if anything changed and when I looked at myself, i saw that I was in someone's body. 'Who shifted my soul?' I thought and looked at myself again. 'Well I can't complain this boy is very attractive, but I wonder what happened to him if I took over his body.' I sighed to myself and yawned. 'I should really get to the bottom of this but I'm too tired. All of that uncomfortable movement really tired me out. And this body hurts.'

I turned off the bathroom light and went to the bed. It was dark again in the room and I just got under the blanket. I felt something shift next to me and snuggle against my leg. 'What was that?' I thought and curiously felt by my leg. It was fur and it had a curly tail that was now wagging. 'Aww this boy has a dog.' I thought and just let him snuggle up to me as I turned on my side and drifted off to sleep wondering who could have swapped my soul with this boy's.

•••

Author's POV

As Jae slept in his new body, everyone at his old home was mourning the loss of their son. Not knowing his soul was shifted. "Micah...it's going to be okay. He's in a much better place" a maid said and Micah looked up at her with bloodshot eyes. "I don't care, he's not here anymore. I can't hold him. That fucking Bitch Nectar will be fucking fried to a crisp when I'm done with her." He said in anger. His eyes glowed a light hue of purple and lightning bolts shot out of his hand. He aimed it at the wall pretending that it was Nectar. "If I would have gone with him he wouldn't have died." He sighed. "Just leave me alone. I need time alone." He said and forced his door open. He pushed the maid out of the room and locked it shut with all of the locks he placed on it.

As he sat there in his dark room. He was plotting his revenge. "Give me a sign that you're out there." He said to himself. "That's stupid, he isn't a dark mage so he can't preform that spell." He put his hands in his lap and just cried with anger. "I will avenge you baby. I promise and if I die we will be reunited.." he said and just kept his face in his knees. Micah was planning the most beautiful wedding for himself and Jae. After all of his infidelities and affairs he owed it to Jae. His 'Death' only made him regret it even more. He hoped that They were going to have a beautiful future together and he could only blame Nectar even though he had his own issues with Jae. He knew what his plan was, but he needed his friends help for it to work. He stood up for the next three hours creating drafts of his plan on paper. He was getting frustrated because he couldn't think of anything good. "I will figure this out!" He said confidently and just continued to plan.

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter. I'm going to alternate the POV each chapter. Comment vote and share with a friend! I love you all and I will see you in the next one bye lovesss ❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰😍😍😍❤️🥰🥰😍😍😍🥰🥰