•10•

Ethan's POV

I sat there in front of my fathers temple asking for answers because everything was so confusing in my head. I couldn't tell the difference between right and wrong. Ever since that day I knew that the choice I made was wrong but I thought it was right at the same time.

Flashback

5 months ago..

I was walking around the mansion in the fire kingdom, my stepmother despised me. Or at least I thought she did. My father had me with another woman. A woman who tricked him into thinking he was a fire mage. My father was drunk due to the passing of my grandfather. He went on a rampage throughout the kingdom. He found this woman at a bar in town. He had no idea how she got here or where she came from but he later found out that she was a blood mage. He kept this secret from the family for a long time. My mother didn't really want to have kids but throughout her pregnancy she grew to love me. And then she died while giving birth to me. So my father stepped in and brought me to the kingdom.

That's when he admitted to the affair. All of the family on my dads side loved me including my brother Kei and my sister Solar. Kei is the oldest then it's my sister and then me. My stepmother had wanted my father dead for what he did but she really didn't mean it. Instead she chose to treat me like an outsider. My siblings made her terror tolerable by supporting me and being there when I needed them. Her biggest revenge to my dad was making my life a living hell. She pushed me to the point I thought I'd never reach.

One day she asked me to go on a mission. I had to bring back a gemstone from the blood kingdom. I am the only one who can travel across the border without needing a talisman. The fire kingdom produced marbles for everyone to be able to use a portal. I thought I had some in my pocket but I realized that when she hugged me she took my marbles out of my pocket. Leaving me there to die.

Nectar found me and hired me to be her henchman. The people in the blood kingdom treated me worse than her but at least I could ignore them and get away. I remembered how to make marbles so I designed one that only I can use. I made a bunch of them and kept them hidden. It didn't last for long because Nectar found them and threatened me if I didn't use them to deploy her armies.

She never once told me where they would be going all she wanted me to do was open the portal. I sent a group of men through a portal that let to my own kingdom without even knowing. I came back to the mansion that day to see the mansion raided and the evil stepmother of mine was underneath fallen rubble. Kei and Solar were trying to lift it up. "Hi.." I said and my sibling ran to me hugging me. "We thought you died." Kei said. And tears fell down my face. "Your mother is the reason I was stuck in the blood kingdom. She let me get stuck there because of a stupid affair that happened I'm sorry my father did what he did but why do I have to suffer?!" I cried and Kei looked at his mother with disgust. "How could you do that to him!?" He yelled at her and she was crying too. "I'm sorry.." she said and screams could be heard from upstairs.

"Dad" I said and ran with Kei. We watched as Viper drove a blade through his heart killing him instantly. "NOOOOOOO!" I yelled and we ran to him. Our father died in our arms that day. And I blamed myself for everything. Their mother died too. She died with the biggest regret of all. Wishing she had never left me there. None of this would have happened had she chose not to send me away.

Solar was the oldest girl and in our kingdom the women became the leaders before the men so she was crowned the new queen of the fire kingdom. She ruled over the kingdom with grace. She had my room fixed up special for me to stay in whenever I was coming home. I told my sibling's everything they didn't blame me, they were happy to see that my brain wasn't too altered by Nectar.

They now gave me a new job. I was to spy on nectar and give them Information about their plans. Working for both sides was hard and it's why I need to choose now and stick to one. Fighting nectar's manipulation tactics was hard. But I couldn't say no to my family so I did it.

One day I was told to go to the ice kingdom. They wanted me to marry Jerin. He was a good friend of mine so I politely rejected the idea. Even though I hated seeing him with Micah. I have my eyes on another Icy boy. Hanzo. I didn't tell nectar about Jerin or his mission. I gave them Information on nectars plan which is why they sent him. I still blame myself for his death too. Working for Nectar was hard because I had to do things that I couldn't do. Torture men and women who were kidnapped help her make weapons that she could use to kill my friends, I couldn't tell them about everything ethier each day I looked for ways to try and end this back and forth but I just couldn't.

Flashback ends

"Ethan" I heard my fathers voice. I opened my eyes and immediately tried hugging him but I ended up falling. "Father how can I see you?" I asked and my father smiled. "I wanted you to see me, as for your question I can only give you an answer that will still leave you with a choice." I nodded and listen to him. "You can stay loyal to nectar and go against everything you believe in. Or stop her from causing destruction."

As I listened to him I was getting premonitions of what would happen in the future and I saw her standing over my dead body stabbing me to death. "S-She's going to kill me." My father nodded. "Do you know what choice to make?" He asked.

"Yes..I'm going to help my friends. I will die eventually because she's already suspicious of me. And if I am going to die I'd rather die defending my friends."
.

.

.

.

.

.
A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Find out what happens next. Will things take a turn for the worse or will the hero's be prepared for the next battle? Let me know in the comments. I'll see you all in the next one bye lovesss 😍😍🥰🥰❤️🥰😍🙃🙃🥰🥰