Chapter Two

Maya's POV
Me and Carina try as often as possible to go to work together. It just makes us being apart for all them hours a little bit more bearable. I usually start work before Carina so we both go to the Station and she hangs around for a little while before heading off to the hospital.

"Carina, does it ever bother you that you do so much for me and I..." she cuts me off.

"Bambina, no, no. Do not sit there and say you don't do anything or enough back to me. You, Maya, do so much for me. And I doesn't bother me that I cook for you so much, I'm a better cook than you"

I smile and playfully hit her arm as we pull up to the station.

"Ahem, rude. But I have to agree, you do make amazing food"

We both climb out the car, I grab my bag from the back of the car, and as we are about to head into the station, another car catches my eye.

"Maya, wait up" Andy shouts out of her car window and she quickly parks up her car. She gets out of her car and runs over to me and Carina.

"Buongiorno, Andy" Carina says with that amazing smile on her face.

"Good Morning Carina, are you staying long"

"No, not today. My shift starts in 45 minutes so i'm leaving in about 30 minutes"

The three of us walk into the station, I head into my office along with Carina, and Andy goes to the locker rooms to put her things away.

"Bella, can we maybe go out for dinner at some point soon. We haven't gone 'out out' for a while." Carina says as I place my belongings in my bunk.

"That, my love" I respond as I walk over towards her, "sounds like an amazing idea" I plant a kiss on her lips and place my hands onto her waist as Carina gets ahold of my arms "I think we could do with a nice dinner date." I whisper into her ear as I go in and kiss her passionately.

We just stand there for a while in each other's arms until Carina places a kiss on my lips.

"Bambina, as much as I would love to stay here. With you. In your arms. I have to get to work" She says as she continues to plant small kisses onto my face.

"Fine, but you're going to have to leave soon or else I'm not going to be able to let you go"

Carina places one last kiss on my lips before she steps back from my arms.

"Bye Bambina, ti amo"

"I love you too"

I open the door to my office as Carina walks out and Andy walks in.

"Maya, everyone's here now. are you going to come up to the beanery" Andy says to me as I watch Carina get into the car and drive away.

"erm yeah, yeah. I'll follow you up"

Me and Andy walk into the beanery whilst the rest of the team where having breakfast.

"Maya, come have some eggs and bacon, Dean made more that enough" Travis says as he continues to shovel more food into his mouth.

"Thank you but no. Carina made me breakfast this morning so i'm fine." I respond. "I actually came here to give out assignments for today's shift. Herrera and Warren, your on aid car. Gibson and Miller, your on engine and Hughes your on desk duty. Montgomery, you can just do odd jobs or help Hughes, I don't mind."

A loud "Yes Captain" is heard coming from the beanery as I turn around and make my way back down to my office.

And few hours have passed and not much has happened. A couple walk ins but that is about it. I hear a knock at my door and give them permission to enter.

"Captain, i was wondering if you would like to join us for lunch. I'm about to start making it" Travis says upon entering my office.

"Yes Montgomery, I would love too."

He nods his head "I'll send someone down when it ready"

"Okay, thank you" I say to him as he turns around and heads out of my office and up the stairs to the beanery to get started with lunch.

I sit back at my desk and my phone begins to ring. A smile takes over my face when I see that Carina is facetiming me. We might have only just seen eachother a few hours ago but I miss her so much. I answer the call and stand my phone up against some books on my desk.

"Ciao Bambina, I miss you. How's work"

"Hi gorgeous, It's not been too bad. We've had a few walk-ins but Hughes managed to help them. Travis is currently making the team some lunch"

"Ahhh, sounds good. I'm just about to go grab my lunch too"

"How's your work been, have you delivered any babies"

"No, not yet. I have one mama who I think will meet her bambino soon."

We carry on speaking for a few minutes when I suddenly hear a slight crying noise coming from outside my office window. I look out of my window and I see a girl who can't be more that 7 sat against the wall crying. I turn my attention back to Carina

"Babe i'm going to have to go, I've got a situation i've got to deal with. Bye, I love you"

"I love you too bella, talk to you soon"

I hang up the phone and leave my office and head on outside to see the little girl.

"Hello, My name is Maya, What's yours"

A/N: I hope you like this story so far. I'm going to try and get out a new part every day or every other day. i have a few chapters saved in my drafts so i have some ready to go. anyways i thought i would post two today and the third should go out tomorrow. thanks for reading this story so far.

Bye xx