Chapter Thirty Five

"surprise"

---
Carina's POV

I turn around to find Maya down on one knee, holding a blue velvet box.

"Bambina... What. What are you doing" I ask as tears start filling my eyes.

"Carina. I love you. I love you so much more than I am able to put into words. I love you. I love our family. I love how you always find the happiness in every situation." She starts.

"Bambina..."

"Carina please..." She cuts me off. "Carina, I've wanted to ask you this for a while now and I couldn't be more happy that I have to opportunity to ask you this question. Doctor Carina DeLuca, Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

I stand there, unable to find the words to say as I hold back the tears, take in everything she said and everything around me. "Maya, Maya I..." I find myself unable to control my emotions. "Maya, I would... I would love to become your wife bambina" I say through all the happy tears, ending with a huge smile on my face.

I help Maya up from the floor as she places the gorgeous ring onto my finger. I hold her face in my hand and watch as the tears start to fall down her face. "I love you bambina"

"I love you too" She places a passionate kiss onto my lips then tries to rest her forehead on mine. "I love you so much"

"You said that the bambina would be here. Where is she?" I ask, realising that I hadn't seen Amelia yet.

"I here Momma" I hear coming from behind me. "Did she say yes Mamma? Are you going to be married?" She asks Maya.

"She did baby. Momma said yes!" Maya says through all her tears.

"Well if  she said yes, then why are you crying?" She asks innocently.

"These are happy tears. Mamma is really happy" She tells the tiny brunette. "I'm really really happy" She plants another kiss on my lips.

"Ew mama's" She pulls a face at us. "Uppies please" She says as she pulls on my dress. I bend down and pick up the little girl and sit her on my hip. She grabs my face in her tiny hands and places a sloppy kiss onto my cheek. "I'm so glad you said yes to Mamma" She tells me. "Do you like the ring?"

"I love it bambina. Do you like it?" I ask, letting her take my hand in hers.

"I really like the ring" She says, playing with the ring on its forever home. She leans down to my ears then whispers, "I helped Mamma pick it" She sits back up with a huge smile on her face, so proud of what she did.

I look at Maya with a smile on my face. "I couldn't  decide what ring myself so I had to bring in the expert" She tells me. "And I'm guessing that she picked well" She smiles.

"Amelia bambina, you really do have good taste" I tell her.

She looks up at me confused, "good taste?"

"Momma means that you are really good at picking out really beautiful items and I agree" She tells the almost 8 year old who is now looking a little less confused.

"Guys, as much as we love this little moment that you three are having," Vic says from behind me "Its the middle of November and it is absolutely freezing so do you think that we could maybe head back to city now?"

"Yeah, just lets quickly get this cleared away first and then we can head back" Maya tells her. "Amelia, do you remember what we talked about before?" She asks the little girl who I was putting down on  the ground so that all five of us could clear up.