Chapter Forty One

Amelia's POV

November 28th 2021

Dear Diary,

It was my birthday party today. A lot of my friends from school came and Sofia came too. Everybody was so shocked when I told them what my new name one and Sofia was happy that we had the same name as each other. I showed everybody Bruno and he gave everybody lots of kisses. He was super excited.

My party was Firefighter Unicorn themed and I loved it. I was given lots and lots of presents from all of my friends and momma's 'fire family'. Well I guess they are also my family too. Arizona gave me a present too. I love Arizona. She made sure that I could be with my mama's.

When I came home from my party, there was a big balloon and a gift outside of our door. It was from Camilla and she told me how proud she is of me and how far I have come since I met my mama's.

That is all

Today was an amazing day

Amelia Sophia DeLuca-Bishop x

---

December 1st 2021

Dear Diary,

I just don't feel like writing today. I opened my mom's letter she sent me today so I am just going to stick it here. Maybe one day I will appreciate what she has wrote.

...

Dear Amelia

I understand why you don't like being called Amelia-Grace and I can't blame you.

After I saw you at the park that day, I was sentenced to 8 years in prison. If you don't know what that means, I bet you could ask your new mommies what that means.

I have spent every day since I came to the prison thinking about where I went wrong. We were happy Amelia. Me, you, and daddy. After we lost daddy, I took all my anger out on you and hurt you so much. I never realised what I was doing was hurting you. I believed that you were just being dramatic. It wasn't until they showed me all the photos of you when you went to hospital I realised how much I hurt you.

That is why I realised that I needed to sign those papers. That's why I knew you would be better if Maya and Carina were your parents.

You don't deserve to live in this world and be scared of your parents. You deserve to be happy and live a good life. One that I couldn't give you.

I don't expect you to ever forgive me. I don't expect you to ever call me mom again. I don't expect to see you again, but just know that I did always love you.

I am so sorry Amelia.

And happy birthday. I know I never celebrated it with you after daddy died but I always remembered it.

From, Catherine x

---

December 7th 2021

Dear Diary,

I went back to the garden of remembrance to day with mamma today because momma was at work. We had a picnic and we talked about Nonna and my Daddy. Mamma brought some pictures of Nonna and she was a very pretty lady. She looks just like mamma. She said that if I had known Nonna, that I would have loved her. We told each other stories about who we have in heaven and then left flowers and Christmas cards for them.

After that, mamma took me to Sofia's house and I helped Sofia decorate her room for Christmas. We did a wonderful job. I hope momma and mamma let me decorate my room. I stayed at Sofia's house till momma finished her shift and then we went to pick her up from work.