Chapter Four

A/N- Before you read this, i would like to thank you all for your support so far. I love seeing my story being added to reading lists and things like that. Also I managed to write more than I expected today so I have several chapters already written so have a second one for today.

TW:MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR

"I know, I know sweetheart. Your safe now. I'm not going to let anything happen to you anymore."

Amelia's POV

Maya makes me feel safe. I haven't felt like this in a while. She smells really nice too. I like Maya. She's not mean or angry. She, she's kind and caring.

"Maya" I look up to her as she is still running her hand through my hair.

"Yes sweetheart"

"I like you"

"And I like you too Amelia"

I lay my head back on her chest and I start to feel sleepy.

Maya's POV

She spoke to me, without me having to ask her a question. Even though she said a few words, it's better than nothing. Amelia saying she liked me really made me feel something I haven't felt since I first met Carina. I care so much for this little girl. A little girl who i've only known for 20 minutes.

I am taken from my own thoughts when i realise Amelia is starting to get a little heavier in my arms. I try to take a look at her face and I notice she has fallen asleep.

I place a kiss on her forehead and slowly go to lay her down onto the bed so she can be more comfortable. As I move her, the shirt she is wearing moved up her stomach and I notice her covered in red and purple marks and bruises.

It is obvious how she got these marks. It made me feel sick. How could anybody ever feel the need to hurt a child. I didn't try to find anymore marks, I just wanted to leave her to sleep. She looked so peaceful. I dug through my bag and found one of my hoodies. I lay it over her so if she was to wake up, she can smell me.

My phone lights up as a message from Carina comes through.

Carina<3 : Bella, is everything okay. What happened.
Me: Can I call you...
Carina<3: Yeah sure bambina. You are scaring me a little.

I move from my bunk where Amelia is sleeping, to my office, making sure to keep the door open so I can keep my eye on her. I sit at my desk and call Carina.

*ring ring ring*

Carina picks up the phone

"Bambina is everything okay, are you okay. what happened"
"Calm down babe, i'm fine. I just want to know when you get off shift. I could really do with your help"
"I have another three hours left, what's wrong"
"erm well... earlier when I hung up the phone, I heard crying. It sounded like a child and so I looked out my window as saw a little girl sat against the wall in pieces. I went out to see what was wrong and it was obvious something was wrong. I couldn't see any adults around. I brought her into my office and she instantly wrapped her arms around me. She had this letter on her from her mom. Basically she...she... she was abandoned. her mom doesn't want her back"

I feel tears beginning to fall down my face as i tell Carina the details about Amelia.

"Okay, Okay bella, you're speaking really quickly as if you are panicking. Calm down. Where is she now"
"She's asleep in my bunk. I covered her up in one of my hoodies so she has a comfortable smell near her in case she wakes up."
"Okay that's good. So why do you need my help"
"Well when I laid her down because she fell asleep nustled into me, her t-shirt she is wearing rode up her stomach a little and she was covered in all these red and purple bruises and marks. There's no denying that she want being..."
"abused, i know bella. It's awful. I'll come down as soon as I can to come and see her. If you bring her to the hospital I can look her over now."
"No, if i take Amelia to the hospital, they are going to call Child protective services and I can't lose her. Carina, I love her"
"Amelia, Amelia. It's a very pretty name... Ahhh bella, I need to go. I've just been paged. Please talk to me later"
"I will Carina. I love you. Don't tell anyone about Amelia"
"I won't, I love you too bella. Ciao"
"Bye"

Carina hangs up the phone when I hear Amelia crying. I walk over into the bunk where I see Amelia still asleep. I go and wake her up to get her out of the nightmare she must be having

Amelia's POV

I'm sat on Maya when I start to feel really tired so I decide to fall asleep.

I start having a dream about Maya. It's one of the nicest dreams i've had in a while. Maya is taking good care of me. She takes me home and we are having so much fun.

Maya takes to the beach. I ask Maya if I can go down to the water. She lets me.

I laugh as I run on down to the water. I splash about and play in the sea. After a while, I decide to run back up to Maya but before I get to her, someone comes up towards me. It's my mommy.

She runs up and grabs ahold of me, digging her nails into my arms. I try and scream for Maya but i'm too far away from Maya for her to hear me.

My mommy begins to hit me. Hard. I fall down to floor unable to move. She goes from hitting me to punching me. Everything goes black.

"Amelia, Amelia"

It sounds like Maya.

"Amelia darling, your having a bad dream. Please wake up."

"She...She...She got me"

"Who got you Amelia"

"M-m-my mommy" I start crying and go and in and get a tight grip of Maya, not wanting to let go. "She too me away from y-y-you and starting hurting me. My mommy always hurt me. She...she... she would hit me a-a-and punch me all the t-t-time" I struggle to breathe making me panic and cry more.

"Hey hey hey Amelia. Calm down sweetheart. Look at me, baby look at me" Maya says to me.
"Good girl, now breathe with me. Come on. you need to calm down. your going to make yourself sick"

Maya breathes really loudly so I copy her. I start breathing with her and I begin to feel calmer.

Maya's POV

I can't believe what Amelia just told me. she's six years old. six. she didn't deserve to be treat like that. I'm not surprised she had a panic attack.

I decide to bring up Carina to her, I don't know how she's going to take it.

"Amelia, so I have this friend and she's a doctor"

Amelias face instantly goes pale. "No, no. no doctor. They will take me, take me from you"

"Hey hey" I hold back my tears that i can feel forming "This doctor isn't going to take you away. she's a good friend of mine. She said she would take a look at you and make sure that you were okay"

Amelia doesn't respond. Instead she clings onto me tighter. At least she does until the sirens go off

ENGINE 19
AID 19
LADDER 19

HOUSE FIRE, FAMILY TRAPPED INSIDE

A/N (part 2)- I feel like I rambled a bit with this chapter and it is also the longest chapter so far (over 1200)