Chapter 3

You have been spending some time with Pieck, Galliard and Zeke. Reiner seems to keep clear from you at all costs. You were even permitted to meet the warrior candidates. One stood out to you in particular: Gabi, she reminds you of someone that you know.

A couple months after you first appeared there was still no sign of your memories returning. Magath had decided to take advantage of this, of you, and commence training for you to be used in battle.

Zeke thought this would a be a great learning opportunity for the Warrior Candidates, to watch a fight between two Titan holders. The all sit nicely like puppets lining a store shelf. Their eyes wide in anticipation and excitement.

You face Galliard. Sparring with him was not that bad, after all he was just a small boy in a mans body. You bring yours fists up to your face to guard yourself. This fighting thing was becoming a routine. Same spar, same moves, same people. There was one thing that was improving and that was your ability to read your opponent.

Galliard charges towards you. The way he begins running on his left foot and how he holds his right arm from swinging allows you to block his punch. Whilst Galliard remains in shock you use a sweeping kick manoeuvre which forces him to fall. He grunts as he hits the ground.

You immediately apologise and offer a hand to pull him up however, he smacks it away.

"I don't need help from an Island Devil." he takes a drink of water. Galliard still does not trust you. You cannot blame him, you are of course an 'island devil'.

Falco runs up to you yelling, "Y/N THAT WAS AWSOME!" he jumps up and down buzzing. You ruffle his hair. One of the other Warrior cadets looks away in disgust, calling you a 'devil'. Falco turns round to go fight them.

"Don't worry about it."

"But, you don't act like an 'island devil'." his bottom lip quivers.

"You cannot remove a label as it sticks," you turn him around, ushering him to go back to the other cadets, "go don't worry about me. Plus if you want to punch someone, go punch Galliard."

"Oi!" Galliard pushes you to turn to face him.

"Round 2?" you smirk as you get ready to fight again. Galliard walks away. You lower your fists and turn to Pieck you both laugh, knowing you bruised his ego.

Reiner is staring at you from a distance. He probably came to check on your progress to report back to Magath. The weird thing about Reiner is you seem to have a connection of sorts to him. How? You could not answer that.

"Is there something wrong Braun?" you ask him. Reiner seems almost shocked you are talking to him. You had grown in character since you had arrived, letting your personality show little by little. One thing that Colt distinguished is that you never cry. This came a surprise to you. You are too focused on trying to figure out who you are, that you neglect to stop and look at the situation you are wrapped up in.

After all you are the enemy.

"That fighting style it's like Annie's..." Reiner comes closer.

"Is she a friend of mine?" you virtuously ask. Silence, no one knows what to say.

"You could say that." One side of Reiner's mouth turns up slightly, like he is remembering a memory. Something you could only dream of.

"Say L/N, have you been able to shift into your Titan form?" Zeke says as he cleans his glasses.

"Yes! Even beat Porco." Pieck slings an arm over you.

"Pieck stop telling people that!" Galliard whines.

"I'm only telling the truth Pork!"

"Stop calling me that!"

As the two squabble, Zeke authoritatively walks towards you. He hands you some water. There is something about the way he holds himself and the way he looks at you that makes you feel uneasy.

"The last question is, will you fight for Marley?" he glances down at your shoulder, a white armband, "be accepted into society."

The way he asked you, almost made it seem like he wanted you to leave your entire life behind. Forget about trying to remember Paradis Island and all 'island devil' friends. But then again were they even your friends if they had not stepped forward to collect you and take you home?

"I will."