Chapter 9

Today is the start of the festival. Happiness is overshadowed by what Reiner discussed with you last night.

"It is our mission to regain them..."

Our mission.

Reiner rarely uses 'our' and 'we' when conversing with you. He often excludes you from the team, at least that was the case until last night.

"Y/N let's go!" Falco grabs you and Gabi's hand dragging you both to the festival ground.

Seeing Falco so happy makes you smile. He would always be so stressed about becoming a warrior that anxiety would always overtake his emotions.

Udo and Zofia stay beside Colt as the warriors look around the stalls.

Through tall the excitement Falco and Gabi forgot they wear holding your hands and pulled in different directions. You fell down as they ran off to different stalls.

They both tell if they could buy something. Their smiles bigger than ever. You could of guessed this was the first time they had been to a festival. To the regular citizens of Marley, they were scum, just like you.

Galliard comes up behind you and pulls you up by the collar of your white long coat.

"Thanks Galliard." You smile lightly, unable to make eye contact with him.

"Porco," you raise an eyebrow, "you can call me Porco."

"Are you sure?"

"For the year I have known you, you have never once called me Porco. You call everyone else by their first name except me." you can hear a little whine in his voice but it is mostly overpowered by pride.

"Are you jealous?" You suddenly tease, changing the tone of your conversation.

"No." He suddenly seems flustered, like he did on the train a couple weeks back when he gave you his jacket to keep you warm whilst you slept.

"Alright, whatever you say, Porco..." and you run off to link arms with Pieck.