Chapter 20

You now neighbour Eren in a cell of your own.

'Not like you to cause this much trouble Y/N,' you stay quiet not wanting to interact with him, 'not talking to me Y/N?' you continue be silent, not a peep escaping your lips, 'what's that Y/N? You wish to escape?'

You wish he would stop saying your name. The way it rings round the cell, echoing in your ears hurts you. It is the name Hange calls you, it is the name Armin, Jean and Connie call you, it is the name the warriors call you, and now it is in that vile creature mouth.

'Y/N...' Erens voice huskily sings, 'we should kill everyone and escape.'

'What sort of a proposal is that?' you retort, crossing your arms.

'Marriage?'

'You've got to be kidding me,' you snort at how straight forward he is, 'I don't even know you.'

'We can change that.'

Even though you were separated by a thick wall covered in moss and slime, you could sense the smirk that formed on his lips.

'Hange! Let me out now! I'm sorry!' you scream until your voice is hoarse. You could not stand being next to Eren any longer.

'Sweetheart keep the noise down.'

'Jean! Armin?' your cries become quieter as your voice begins to fail you.

'They aren't coming.' Eren laughs lightly.

'Pieck? Porco?' you feel a sob rise in your chest.

You feel so lost. Stuck between two places like you are in limbo, stuck between two lives like a secret agent.

'You think anyone is coming?' you see him reach out a hand through the bars, upon seeing this you shuffle away from the bars, 'you have me sweetheart.'

Sweetheart...

Sweetheart...

Sweetheart...

The word swirls in your mind as you drift off.

'Y/N you made a mistake on the last mission.'

'I'm sorry sir.'

'That mistake killed people Y/N.'

'I didn't mean to Erwin.' a sob escapes you. Lowering your head in shame you bring you hands to cover your face.

'I know you didn't mean to Y/N,' he comes round from behind his desk and places a hand on your shoulder, 'you almost died as well, and we can't have that. I know you're still hesitant about using your titan power, but if you are put in that sort of danger, use it please. For your sake and for the scouts, you're one of our strongest warriors, so please stay alive.'

When you wake up you are no longer in a cell, but rather on a sofa. The sofa in Hange's office.

'You fainted.' Hange explains.

'Oh thank god, it was just a dream.'

'Are you alright Y/N?'

You shake your head immediately asking for a hug. Hange hurries over worriedly asking what happened.

'Has Eren always been like that?' you pause, pulling Hange closer, 'I had a dream, two dreams actually, Eren appeared in one. I think he might be planning an escape. Just from meeting him in my dream, I have this feeling.'

'We've tightened up security, Floch has been leaking information about Eren's imprisonment, which is no doubt going to rial some citizens.'

'Who's he again?'

'The one with the auburn hair, had a spiral in it, looks like a turd.'

'Oh him.'

'And about the kids, I'm sorry I let them escape, I thought I was doing the right thing, but now I don't think I am, I'm just so confused. In my dream I was in a cell next to Eren, and he kept calling me Sweetheart, and I called out you and the others but no one came and I was stuck next to him so I called out for P-'

'Hush now Y/N,' Hange pulls you back into a hug, stroking your hair, 'it was just a dream-'

'- and then Erwin came to me in a dream and was like use your Titan abilities, I can't even remember what those are.' You take big heaves, allowing more air into your lungs. Hyperventilating was not helping your already dire situation.

'The Marleyan's never told you?' You shake your head, 'the main feature of your ability is to see one future possibility at a time.'

'That's so cool...' you whisper in awe a smile appearing on your face.

'Isn't it!' Hange jumps around with a sudden burst of energy, 'so when you were locked in a cell it would've been one possibility out of thousands maybe even millions of other future possibilities,' you sit down trying to process this, 'parts of your prophecies tend to be true, more often then not, it lands us in some sort of trouble.'

'What kind of trouble?' You ask unsure whether you want to know.

'This one future possibility you saw, you were dating Armin but Jean confessed his love to you and you decided to go with Armin after all the trouble Jean went through with Mikasa, you felt squiffy about it.'

'NO!' You gasp.

'Yes!' Hange laughs, 'and Jean still blames your Titan ability as the reason you two weren't together, now that you don't have your memories, he thinks he has a chance.'

'HORSE FACE?!'