Chapter 6

You lean your head against the train window, exhausted from fighting.

Marley besieged Fort Slava, aiming to end the four-year war with the Mid-East Allied Forces sparked by their defeat in Shiganshina. You had heard from Colt that he had to save his younger brother, he had to pull him down into the trenches. Pieck and Galliard roamed the ground underneath saving allies stranded out in no mans land, this allowed Zeke to use part of his titan ability to transform disposable humans into mindless titan to fight.

Reiner had taken out the first iron train and you the second. The canon attack surprised you. Reiner managed to cover you and Zeke well. He saved you from fatal injury. Now, he is healing himself by sleeping. This time you thought he was not going to make it, you were worried about him.

At the end of the battle a peace treaty was signed. However, it acted as a reminder to how much you needed to acquire the founding titan.

Gabi did Eldians proud today in battle. She was growing up like you thought she would. Falco was just the same, risking his life to protect Gabi.

You could tell Magath was impressed by them both, especially Gabi. Quick-witted and confident, just like a warrior candidate should be.

Through your time in Marley you had watched many Warrior candidates fail to achieve their goal: becoming a warrior and receiving the red armband.

Gazing out the window there is nothing much to see. It is difficult to make out any distinct shapes in the darkness. From what you can gage there is a couple trees that are littered round the track, that is when you know you were getting further away from the front line.

A few miles back the ground was dusty and sprinkled with holes from stray bombs. There was not a living thing in the area. All dead from war. How lucky.

Not finding the scenery interesting you turn away from the cart window.

Pieck is sitting opposite you. Zeke and Galliard over the opposite side. Pieck smiles.

"Remember anything Y/N?"

"Nothing really," you pause, "just the same old drowning. It's getting boring."

Pieck laughs, "That's what Pork says when we remind him of that time he drunkenly hugged you."

"It was one time, a year ago, Pieck." Galliard groans, rubbing his temples, "I wish they'd shut up."

He refers to the soldiers and warrior candidates screaming at the top of their lungs celebrating the latest victory. Repeating 'Gabi' till their throats hurt. You smile to yourself wondering if you ever did that in your past life. Celebrating with your friends on the devils' island.

Then again, you had new friends now.

"Hush now let them celebrate." Zeke pats Galliard back.

"I'm tired." he whines like a child.

"Y/N has no problem with it." Zeke nods towards you, regarding your sleepy form.

Galliard grumbles something.

You allow your heavy eyes to close, and your form to curl up to be more comfortable. Your limbs tingle as a dreamy spell is cast upon you.