Chapter 5

You lay in your cell, the door open. Magath said  there was no you were allowed to go because you still had to be under 24 hour surveillance. As many months passed the cell door was allowed to stay open. They were beginning to trust you.

You are standing in a white room, it glows with the essence of an angel. There is a boy standing not too far away.

"Come on Y/N!" he calls you. There is nothing striking about the brown haired boy, not other than his eyes. When his eyes catch the light the glimmer like emeralds.

He holds out his hand and you take it. There is a flash of light, it blinds you for a mere second. When you are able to open your eyes all you see is destruction. The founding Titan stands above you as dirt is blown into the air, the sky pitch black.

Lightening strikes in front of you. A titan above the wall. The colossal titan, stolen by someone of the name Armin Arlet. You can only watch as the wall in front is kicked down and regular titans plow through, devouring everyone they see. You cannot hear anything as if you are under water.

There is a scream.

A scream so piercing it breaks through the silence. You turn your head and see a child. A child that much resembles you. The child is pointing at something, rather someone. You stumble through the rubble and see a woman holding a baby.

"Mum!" the child cries.

Mum?

To you the woman is clearly dead. The child does not realise.

Your attention is grasped by a man shouting that there is an exit route. The child also notices and sprints as fast as their little legs can take them to the boats.

"LAST BOAT."

There is no space. Not even for a small child, they are packed in there.

You watch as the child pushes past the hysteria until they stand in front of the water. A bolt out the blue, the child jumps in.

The water is deep compared to their short stature. They struggle against the lapping water. Other get the same idea and jump in after. The child is going under. Out of panic you jump in trying to aid the swamped child.

When you reach where you thought the child was, there is no one but strangers gasping for air and dry land. Scanning the area, you find the child holding onto the closing gate for dear life.

As the gate shutting, they immediately dive under the water. You follow. To your horror the child is stuck. Slowly drowning. They wiggle and wiggle, but nothing.

Your own air starts to choke. You struggle to swim up. The surface is no where near, the air no where closer. Your vision starts to fade until it goes black.

"What's your name, child?"

"Y/N L/N."

"I'm..."

You wake up spluttering and coughing, finding it difficult to breath. The lack of windows made it hard for fresh are to get into your lungs.

You realise your of your dream of having a family is crushed. No one left to go to.

Sitting up you notice the cell door is still open. Stumbling out of bed, you slip on your military jacket and plod up to the surface, to fresh air.

You exit the prison, the air hits your face. You finally feel your muscles relax as you properly breath.

"Devil!" someone hollers at you, "what's someone good looking as you doing somewhere like this, come with me." the man struggles to string together his sentence. His fists ball. He wants a fight.

You ignore him.

"Devil! I'm talking to you." he slams his hand on the wall behind you.

The wafting smell of alcohol pollutes the air. You sense your throat starting to close up, using the wall as support you lean against it.

You feel trapped unable to do anything, like you are drowning once more.

You think of that dream; memory. Was that where it all began? When the colossal titan first attacked the walls on paradise island.

The man begins to wind up his fist, ready to strike you.

"What do you think you're doing talking to a warrior like that?"

Galliard appears, holding the mans fist and leaning down to his level to intimidate him.

Zeke grabs your arm and leads you away from the wall, still struggling to breathe.

"Y/N breathe." you try following his instructions but it is as if you have forgotten the basic function.

'They're in shock, nan did the same thing when all her memories came flooding back to her before she passed."

"They aren't dying Porco." Zeke sighs scratching his beard.

What Galliard does surprises you. He hugs you.

Hugs a devil.

But then you smell it, the alcohol. He was pissed. Absolutely hammered. You doubt he would remember anything that he is doing tomorrow.

"Zeke, please remind him of this when he wakes up."

Galliard starts stroking your hair and rubbing circles in your back. The whole situation would be comical if you were not so traumatised.

"Now tell me what happened."

You tell. There was a sense of comfort from the two men. Over the past months, getting to know them, it has the aspect they are becoming family. Someone to confide in.