2. Scared and Guilty

~Seraphine's POV~

She woke up from the floor limbs aching and mind fuzzy. With a grown she lifted herself up. Memories of last night overwhelmed her mind. After seeing the possible threat of the note, she stayed in her room scared and in panic. At one moment she considered telling the young guard downstairs, but she was a lot more scared of how her parents would react to this display than the display itself. She'd rather be kidnapped or dead than constantly supervised as if she were the one who did something wrong. She walked to the ruined sheets tracing her fingers over the expensive red and white material. Don't get her wrong she was still scared of getting hurt but first, she needed to fix this mess before planning a way to keep herself safe.

She started to uncover the soft bedsheets and blankets throwing them to the side after neatly folding as many of the remains as possible. She went into her closet and grabbed a big bag she would always see Bacia grab when putting her dirty bedsheets away. She quickly stuffed it all inside. She rushed to pick as many small pieces from the floor as physically possible before her maids came. After picking the last noticeable debris from the floor the sun had fully reached her room as if congratulating her with its warm glow.

Opening the door, she was met with Bacia and a couple more red maids right behind her on the narrow staircase.

"Someone's up early?" Bacia stated in surprise the other maids also seemed shocked about this.

"Couldn't sleep." The women frowned at this all of them giving a look of concern expert for Bacia who looked more guilty. Seraphine moved away from the door allowing her trusted servants in.

"Oh, you poor thing-" The blond-haired servant whose slowly greying hair did not match her youthful face went quiet after seeing the naked bed. "What happened here?"

"Well, I thought I had a stomachache, but I was wrong and bled on all the sheets. It's so bad I don't even think it can be washed. You know the troubles of being a lady. I'm just glad the sheets were thick enough that I didn't stain the mattress."

"Oh, you're too kind princess we'll throw away the sheets and get new one's don't worry a single hair on your head. Just sit and relax we'll manage the rest."

"Thank you so much, Ruth" The elderly blond lady bowed with a satisfied smile, her eye's lingered on Seraphine's form a look of surprise flashing her features for a split second before becoming calm again, or did the princess just imagine it?

"Of course, my child, well then, Bacia you stay here to keep our pride and joy comfortable Amana you rush up those kitchen boys. No flirting." The Brunet that looked no younger than sixteen nodded her head and left in a hurry and Bacia stepped forward. "Perfect well I will come back with new sheets, love you my dear, and have a lovely morning~" Ruth got on her tippy toes and kissed her on the cheek.

"Love you to Ruth" She kissed her on her forehead making the older woman beam with joy before she left. Once her steps faded away into nothing Bacia spoke up.

"I swear that woman is a witch..."

"BACIA! She is the sweetest person on earth!! Not to mention raised us!"

"I said she was a witch not evil and that's exactly my point it's been over twenty years and she has not aged a day. If it's not magic, then what else could it be?" Seraphine looked at Bacia dumbfound.

"Your right she hasn't aged a day since I remember."

"See witch" They both giggled at their ridiculous theory. Laying on the couch happily next to each other but suddenly Bacia's bright smile fell.

"I'm so sorry about yes-" She was cut off by Seraphine's calm voice

"Remember when we were kids when you accidentally stepped on my dress and ripped it and I took all the blame so you could stay on my mother's good side?"