1. Meeting

~Ignacio~

The dry leaves and twigs crunched as the dragon carelessly walked on the forest floor. He had nothing to hide or fear walking to his destination with stride. His arrival at the watering hole was welcomed by the glare of the sun hitting the small clearing. He put his left wing up blocking the sun from his bright golden eyes. He stopped at the water looking at his reflection admiring his mid-night scales and slim build. He could care less for the scattering of smaller creatures as he drank peacefully and basked in the warmth of the sun.

He waited under the sun wings spread out, eyes closed. To an idiot, he might have seemed like easy prey. But he was extremely vigilant aware of every slight difference in the lively forest. A small bird flew over him. In a flash, it was cut down by a razor-sharp tail and in the beast's, mouth not standing a chance. Once he had filled up on the light snack, he left this time being more cautious. He gracefully jumped and glided from tree to tree making sure not to leave many tracks or damage on his way. The more he traveled west the more cautious and quieter he became.

Racing threw out the forest day and night only taking quick breaks in between yet never slowing down. A path cleared out by thousands of feet came into view. With that, he shook his scales moving from their usual position. In a flash, he disappeared from the common eye. This was his ability. What had been keeping him alive for 250 years. Steadying his racing heart with careful breaths and making sure every one of his steps was silent. In the distance, the uproar of hundreds of human villages could be heard. He avoided as many as possible and expertly hid in plain sight when needed. Many villages he saw were pitiful as the people lay on the streets ready to die from starvation or sickness but continued on without looking back. He was not here to help them but to reach a destination. And reach it he did. 

The Dives kingdom's capital. It was a massive well-guarded area. A thick wall protecting the people. Even from this distance, he could see the massive and elegant castle in all its bright colorful glory. He jumped and took off in the air. This city was buzzing with life, humans fighting over who gets the remains of endangered magical creatures, scammers, thieves, happy ignorant fools unaware of the city's rundown by poverty just some miles away. He was absolutely disgusted with all of them as he gazed close to the heavens above. To him, they were all mere ants unaware of the raging suffocating fire right above them.

He flew to the castle it's brightly yellow painted walls had been chipping away from all its years, but the glossy pointy red and orange tops of each rounded pillar were still in mint condition. He gently perched on the castle's highest point feeling the smoothness of the roof while he looked at everything that has changed past the years. It's been a while since he's been at the capital for the cooler seasons, he's been targeting other specific city's getting rid of all the impurities. It's about time he took this city as his again for the season. He couldn't wait to burn the sickening corruption once again. He took in the view in absolute disgust before turning away looking over the castle grounds that were surrounded by walls similar to the city itself but slightly taller and thicker. As always there was a sharp contrast the grass always looked far greener and flowers blooming so much prettier on this side of the wall. He looked in anger till a figure he has never seen before caught his eye.

His eyes widen at the maiden as she happily looked around walking in her elegant, embroidered dress with long puffy sleeves contrasting with her loose skirt. Her long raven hair was loose but neatly pushed back at the front by lovely yellow and pink jewels that complemented her light pink dress with gold and silver floral details. He observed her from the top of the castle from this distance he couldn't make out if she was saying as her rosy lips moved. He decided to move closer. Moving down towards the lushes' garden she was admiring he could make out that she was singing a song. It was slow with a sad mood, yet the rhythm of the lyrics depicted a happy tone. The song itself seemed about a flower whose been cut and displayed for its beauty eventually withering extremely melancholic yet beautiful. He could tell by her expression and voice this song not only meant a lot to her but was oddly personal. He glared at her with interest wondering why someone dressed so elegantly could have any problems. Who wouldn't be surprised if this beautiful young lady were the current queen or princess of the kingdom? So, what could she possibly be upset about? She should have it all He could taste a bitterness on his tongue forming the more he thought about it.