5. Fire and Blood

((WARNING: This chapter contains violent imagery, violence, physical abuse, and heavy gore))

~Ignacio~

He stalked the empty hallways in the night. Looking at the paintings in the castle they were all stunning works of art. Many of them depicted the Goddess or the Royal family throughout the ages. The paintings of the Goddess were abstract involving many brush strokes mostly in shades of purple, blue and white vaguely forming together a picture of a woman or her many symbols. While in contrast the family's royal oil paintings were realistic but kept the vibrant light colors similar to their abstract counterparts. The royal family was always surrounded by lushes' vegetation and wore dead smiles. As he walked down the hallway, the more the painting's vibrant joy disappeared replaced with muddy browns, blacks, and reds. People screaming, crying, death, all while looming entities hovered over them breathing fire to their homes above. The more he walked the more tragic the paintings became, and the walls enclose him. He stopped at one, a feeling of pride filling him as he gazed at the oil painting. It was framed in wood, at the bottom of the frame laid a silver plate with the words "The Legendary Invisible Dragon" engraved on it.

He remembers that day vividly it was the first time he showed his wrath. The first time he was alive.

A fire burned in the middle of the night smoke covering the full moon. People screamed as their bodies and homes burned. Ignacio stalked through the flames blood covering every part of him. His predatory eyes gazed upon his work as the buildings around him turned to ash. Suddenly he felt something come to his right with a single glare the arrow erupted into flames. He took a deep breath in. A sickening smile formed as he smelled over thirty humans coming from that exact direction. He quickly shook as much of the blood off him and shifted his scales before dashing toward the humans. They all wore heavy fireproof armor and special weaponry that could kill him with a single blow yet that didn't scare him one bit. In flashes, they all went down he basked in their warm thick blood. Crunching and slicing through their fleshy bodies without mercy. The soldiers screamed in agony shooting and attacking in random directions unable to see their attacker every single one missing.

"Please no no!!" A soldier screamed out, but the dragon did not listen he slashed his body in half, blood and organs pouring out of his fresh carcass. Another soldier got pounced on the back screaming in agony as Ignacio's claws shredded his flesh to the bone before powerful jaws slammed shut on his skull. He continued his manslaughter till each of them fell. A lake of blood lay underneath the monster's claws. He gave a powerful roar that echoed for miles before letting uncontrollable anger take every cell in his body. The fire grows even more furiously all hopes of stopping it completely gone as it takes every part of the main city and even the castle garden. Ignacio continues his rampage killing any unfortunate soul he comes across till every drop of repressed grief and anger is out of his system. Flying to the castle's highest point, he grins down at his masterpiece basking in all the terror. Every last hunter, buyer, merchant, and compliment fool that slaughtered his innocent people have been burned down.

"May your souls find rest in restless damnation. Mine has."

He breathed out from the sudden vivid memory, almost smelling the burning wood, and tasting the iron from the blood of his enemies. Giving a closer look at the painting completely dedicated to him. An amused chuckle left him while looking at the dragon made of fire that loomed over the city representing him. He could only dream of being that big in his dragon form. Leaving the art of his past behind the dragon kept walking down the hallway until reaching a room heavily decorated with different stuffed animals and weapons.

Lots of the animal or animal parts were from magical creatures, blood-red vampire eyes, a Lycan's head, a display filled with different fairy wings, claws, and feathered wings from a Griffin but out of everything nothing compared to the number of pieces they had of dragons. Their heads of all sizes littered each wall of the hunter's den, different armors made from their scales, a whole glass cabinet filled with skulls meticulously organized by size. Some of the pieces had names to them of famous legends he admired. Besides all the body parts there were also portraits of knights and kings defeating dragons of all sorts, each of the humans depicted wearing a proud smile while standing on top or holding a corps. Ignacio could feel his stomach turn while looking at the glorification of the murder of his people.