7. Glass Breaking

~Ignacio~

Ignacio roamed the orange and yellow forest his feet crunched under the thousands of leaves. He smelled the crisp air, the scent of pine trees, grass, and flowers filled it. A large grin formed on his scaly features, hoof prints coming into view. He started casually following them passing by many soaring trees along the way. Closing his eyes, he could visualize the deer's scent as an orange smoke trail galloping through the forest. He followed its footsteps trotting and jumping just like it did. The more he followed the smoke trail the more vivid the image became, he could see its long front legs hit the ground, the base of its furry body, large diamond-shaped ears, and its majestic antlers. He suddenly stopped at a heavily covered area with many bushes and small trees. The musky scent became extremely potent, focusing on his hearing he could hear the deer's breaths and heartbeats under the shrubbery. He stalks closer not making a single sound despite the crisp leaves under his clawed feet. Poking his head in carefully looking at the slightly smaller creature's belly fall and rises deep in a peaceful slumber. In one quick motion, the dragon pounces, snapping its neck quickly so it feels no pain.

"Thank you for being my tasty breakfast." He rested his forehead down on the bucks to give respect. Gently cutting an "X" shape on the deer's side with his claws making an opening where he could tear through its flesh. He inhaled all the organs in a matter of seconds licking his blood-stained lips after having his fill. He pulled on the deer's antlers pulling the carcass out of the open to make it easier for other animals to consume before ripping off a hind leg. Quickly carrying the leg towards the destroyed moon temple jumping gracefully from tree to tree till he made it. Gently placing the leg on the ground.

"Tiras!! I got you breakfast! It's your favorite!" He waited patiently outside sitting up with his hind legs tucked in and a sharp toothy smile. When his friend didn't come out, he leaped back on all fours and listened in for a heartbeat. Silence. His head started to frantically move around looking for any sign of his friend.

"Tiras!! Tiras come out this isn't funny!!" When he listened around, he could only hear the buzzing of insects and the cheerful chips of birds. Rushing into the temple he sniffed around for a scent trail, the familiar scent of maple and pine was faint and muddled leaving only a purple haze. He's been gone for hours. Unless...no if someone took him then there would be another scent. Then again that maid in the castle didn't have one. He paced around the room a thousand thoughts of what could have happened rushing in till he noticed an open leathered case on the makeshift nest. Transforming into human form and picking up the object. Four small glass bottles glistened in the sun, three of them filled with a vibrant neon yellow and the last one empty. His grip tightened the smell of something burning through the air, as smoke came from his hands.

"That fucking idiot!!" He placed the object back and looked around the place for his clothes. He put the black and red clothes on with God's speed not even looking at the hand mirror to fix his messy hair. He was about to drink a vile till he saw a long walking stick at the corner of his eye with a silver tip the size of a cork. "Perfect."

He took it and started storming towards where the purple smoke told him his best friend was. Once he saw the scent lead to a trail, he closed his golden eyes and put the stick in front of him tracing it from side to side as he walked. Walking with confidence, while listening to the world around him carefully feeling obstacles in front of him with the cane. He could sense the trees on his sides as noises intensity shifted depending on where he was. It painted an abstract image of where everything was like the tunnel, he was now entering that muffled the sounds of thousands of people chattering and buzzing about in the city. He entered it and came out in a narrow path his cane hitting something small and light he swatted away the mysterious object as he heard it hit the wall with a click and a clack. He started moving more slowly his head moving around as his brain tried to take in this sudden way of viewing the world. He took a deep breath in, many distinct colors of scents filling his senses. Herbs, fish, people, iron, dirt, manure, flowers, maple, and pine. Maple and pine!! He focused on those scents specifically and now came up with three viable options. To the left was the most recent and he could visualize the cart as it moved buckets of maple syrup. The other scent was back into the forest where he just was. Then there was the scent to the right it was faint, but he could smell the mixing scents of maple, pine, and dragon. He turned sharply to the right and did his best to avoid the thousands of busy people.