10. The Ball

((french song that I love and reminds me of Seraphine))

~Ignacio~

"Are you sure about this?" Tiras looked at the lines drawn out on the dirt representing the castle walls and the small stones that were the guards with concern. Ignacio looked up from the crude model of the castle with pleading eyes.

"How many times are you going to ask that?"

"Until you change your mind about this whole situation!"

"You're the one who said I should go for it and not fight it."

"I ALSO said not to let your guard down! Besides, I still believe you'd be the MUCH better choice to sneak around the king's study!"

"We already argued about this yesterday. You caved in, and I've already told Seraphine I'm coming, not to mention I wouldn't be letting you do this if I thought you couldn't do it."

"Ughhhh, FINE!! I'll shut up and go with the plan. It should be easy enough, but just to be clear, you won't be seeing me after this until we're both in Hera Luna."

"Fine with me, not hearing your voice sounds like a blessing from the Goddess herself~"

"Oh, please, my voice is angelic!"

"Pffft, just, don't die or I'll bring your soul back just to kill you myself!"

"Right back at ya! Now please don't tell me you think...that, is going to impress her?" Tiras waved his pointer finger around Ignacio's face calling out his messy hair and bagged eyes that sharply contrasted with his spotless elegant black suit.

"It can't be that bad."

"Your right, bad doesn't begin to cover it, but makeup does!" Tiras pulls out a small pallet of different skin tones and a clear gel. He starts applying it to his under eyes gently with his finger. After a nice coat of the powder, he puts on the gel causing it to appear just like skin and nothing else. With a proud smile, Tiras turns around to grab a brush and gets started on his hair.

"You know, for someone who was opposed to me going. You seem to be enjoying this."

"What can I say, it's been years since you've even made a new friend. Let alone, someone, you're interested in courting and as your "big brother," I need to make sure this goes smoothly. Plus, if I get caught and killed, at least I can rest in pieces knowing you got to rip her bed sheets one more time~"

"I'll burn the whole castle to the ground before they even think about it. So, don't worry."

"I know, I know.... that's what I'm worried about."

"Hm?"

"That's it! I'm all done!! Take a look!" Ignacio walks towards the water bowl nearby, looking into the reflection. His skin was flawless, and his hair was satisfyingly pushed back, yet it kept the fiery flare he loved.

"Wow," a mesmerized whisper sneaked out.

"Hm, what was that? I didn't heeaaar youuuu~" The fire dragon smiled and shook his head, refusing to repeat the words.

"It's time to go Tiras." Ignacio put on a black mask with golden details along the edges that covered his eyes. The material looked like it was skinned from a dragon's pelt, but it was a clever use of fabrics and sewing.

"You're no fun~" After leaving the temple the two then descend into the secret tunnels. The muffled partying of sophisticated nobles seemed to get louder the more they walked towards their destination.

"Over here, go up the ladder then go left, and you should see a door near the king's study. Just do as we planned, and everything should be fine. If you need help just cause a commotion and I'll rush in." The fire dragon said sternly, in truth he didn't want to lose his one and only companion.