11. A Freed Dove Leaves a Lonly Cage

((This part is 100% based on this song. I should make art lol))

~Seraphine~

She knew what she had to do. Leave. Ignacio said he knew a way out but there wasn't a way to reach him. Her feet paced the cold tiled floor over and over till she looked at her vanity. There the moonlight illuminated the mirror along with the precious book she had now finished. The encyclopedia seemed utterly normal except for a piece of paper sticking out the side. She hadn't left a bookmark in it. Opening the book to the strange paper revealed not only a note with familiar handwriting but a highlighted map.

"If you're reading this then you know who and what I truly am now. This note and map contain the information you need to leave your cage. But I need you to know the consequences. It is nothing like your life of luxury. You will need to survive, no more comfortable beds, no luxury dresses or jewels, and there will be no servants to comfort your hungry stomach. Even so, these sacrifices will grant you knowledge. The knowledge of what true freedom feels like. Knowledge that every being should have. If freedom is what you want then, continue reading this letter. If not, then burn it with the map and continue living your life the way it is now, and know I wish you the best.

If freedom is what you desire, prepare as quickly as possible. Take with you only the most comfortable attire and a bag of food if possible because once the clock hits three you need to leave quickly. That's when the changing of guards will occur. From there follow the map. Be careful this plan requires you to climb the roof and use the secret tunnels. So, bring a light source you'll need it to see. Good luck and be vigilant, I'll be waiting."

She glanced at the map, it had a detailed layout of the castle, and just like he said the plan required her to climb out the window of the watchtower onto the roof. It was clever considering she couldn't use her balcony for the guards always watching from the ground. They wouldn't expect someone to escape threw a cramped staircase window with almost no room to climb. The tree there also created the perfect blind spot and protection from any slips. Though there were two little surprising details. The first was the secret tunnels, it was standard practice for castles to have a means of escape in case of an emergency, but no one had ever mentioned them. All these years she had assumed the castle was a strange exception. It must have been one more secret kept from the girl who wanted to run far away and never look back. The other surprise was that the map had two routes highlighted, one leading far into the woods to a picture of a flame and the other leading to a nearby town. Didn't he say she had to go with him? Did he change his mind? Then she re-read the letter "Knowledge that every being should have." So, this is how he felt, he wanted to give her the freedom to choose but desires her by his side. How strange. She was so used to men taking what they wanted. Then again, the only man she knew was her father.

There was a problem though, this new information made things complicated. Should she go with him? She's known Ignacio for about a month. A month of not knowing his name, face, or even what he was until today. It was as if she met him again for the first time. Then again thinking about it ONE month was not a long time. There could be a completely different personality hiding within those beautiful eyes. He was also a dragon; their species didn't necessarily get along. But there was a huge problem, she knew nothing of survival. Sure, making the journey to a small town nearby didn't sound difficult. Until you realize it's a 24-hour walk without stopping and it was winter. Still, it's not impossible, just difficult. Not only that but a large part of her WANTED to trust him. His velvety words at the ball pulled at her deepest desires. It fed into a curiosity that could never be quenched. ANYWHERE in the world that's what he said, only a fool would not take advantage of that.

With that, the dove spread her new wings and got ready for flight. Picking out a simple comfortable red cotton dress with a large white fur coat and brown ankle boots that were made for hiking. Despite what the dragon advised she stuffed other essentials in her pockets such as matches, extra undergarments, and the cheapest jewels she owned. Then she stuffed pillows under the covers to make the illusion of someone sleeping. Looking at the clock it only read 1:10.