keishin ukai

You wiped the sweat off of your brow, retucking your shirt into your trousers. Your new bedroom was filled to the brim with brown, cardboard boxes. The thick smell of dust-particles were lingering in the air from the fresh-paint and new furniture.

You dusted your shirt off before opening another sealed-cardboard box, an array of decorations falling onto the floor: you wondered where you could put them in your new bedroom.

"Y/N!" A hoarse voice called from downstairs, "Come down. Dinner is ready!"

You let out sigh of relief that you would finally have the chance to sit down and eat.

"Okay, Uncle Keishin!" You called back, just loud enough for him to hear you from the bottom of the stairs, "I'll be down in a minute!"

You spilled the contents of the box onto the unmade bed before slowly treading downstairs.

Your Uncles home was different from when you had last been there several years ago: most of the house had been remodelled but it still had that gentle smell of cigarettes that always somehow made you feel safe.

The wallpaper was new, you'd noticed it straight away, but the dark, creaky floorboards stayed that same as ever.

You skidded to a halt at the end of the narrow hallway before witnessing Keishin run his fingers through his blonde-hair, his eyes laid upon the monstrosity of a 'supper' he had made for you both.

"Bon appetit?" He offered you a weak laugh, placing something (that you couldn't even tell was food) onto a small plate before sitting opposite you on the dining table.

You laughed, "You've never been the type to cook."

"And I bet now you can see why." He chuckled softly, hesitantly taking a bite of the food, "So," His words was slurred as he chewed, "What's it like being back in Miyagi after all these years? I suppose it's a lot different from the big-city, right?"

You hesitated, sighing out of your nose with an abnormal expression, "It's weird.. I guess. I plan on meeting with some old friends tomorrow," You pushed the plate infront of yourself, "It'll be nice to finally get to see them again."

Keishin gave you a gentle smile, patting the top of your head, "Well, I'm glad that I finally get to see you again anyway, especially now that you're gonna be living here with me." He tilted his head, "It'll be nice having a house mate that's not just my cat."

You scrunched your nose, laughing under your breath: "I was actually a little surprised when mom told me that you've been Coaching that Volleyball team," You snickered mercilessly, "Last time I saw you, you were still living with Grandma and refusing to leave the house unless if it was to by Cat-food or toys."

His eyes rolled as he rested his jaw onto his fist, "Last time you saw me, I was still in Collage and you were just a little kid," He pointed his fork in your direction, "Besides, your Grandma kicked me out of the house just before you left, so I had to learn how to look after myself eventually."

A few moments of silence passed you before your uncle cringed at the taste of his own food, beginning to pull out his phone.

"Screw this," He muttered as you began to laugh, "A couple of pizza's have never hurt anyone."

You smiled weakly, your eyes slowly drifting around the kitchen as he began to order food on his phone; there were magazines all over the countertops, as well as different ash-trays next to the window panes. Without even glancing into the fridge, you could tell that the only things inside were beer-bottles and ketchup. The wallpaper was chipped and stained.

Although many would loathe the state of Ukai's house, you though it was strangely charming.

"I still can't believe that you're already in your last year of school," He muttered, glancing up at you from over his phone, "You've grown too much. What school are you thinking of going to, anyway?"

"I started applying for different schools a few days ago, and I've been accepted to quite a few in the area. I'm just trying to figure out which one to join."

His eyes lit up, "Karasuno?"

You laughed, unsure on if he was joking, "Hell no." Your brows formed a cringe, "That school is a shit-show."

"Oi," The man snapped, "Language!"

Your eyes rolled, leaning back into your chair, "Please, you're the one who taught me that word."

"Doesn't mean that you're allowed to use it.." He bitterly mumbled, beginning to clear your plates, "Besides, what's wrong with Karasuno, anyway? I'd be able to drive you to and from school everyday easily. And it's close to the shop."

"Maybe for you, but that would mean that I'd have to stay two hours extra before and after school every day. Besides, the main reason I decided for come back here was for the institutions: Karasuno has some of the lowest-ranking grades in the area."

"Fair enough. Where are you thinking of going?"

"Aoba Johsai looks good," You shrugged your shoulders, "I was talking with Administration on the phone this morning, and they said that they'd be happy to accept me as soon as possible. Plus, one of my old friends, Matsukawa, attends there."

"That's good," He placed the plates inside of the sink, a smile propping itself against his teeth, "Seijoh may be irritating when it comes to competitive sports, but I won't lie that it's one of the best schools in the area."

You sighed, hearing the door-bell ring with your pizza delivery: "I'll take your word for it."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

A week passed as you lifted your thigh to hop from your bike; you locked it against the metal bar beside the Private Academy.

The fresh-morning air drifted through your hair as your fingers slipped down your cream-blazer, smoothing out the soft material of your new uniform. The beige, window-pane skirt suited your body perfectly, with a tinted-blue skirt that hugged your figure beneath.

The uniform was pretty: you had to admit. Or, at the very least, much more flattering than your previous uniform.

As you locked in your bike, your eyes slowly drifted around the area to admire the school as you began to wander forward.

The cherry-pink sakura trees highlighted the white building, the silhouettes of pastel leaves placing marks on the grey pavements below your feet.

Excited students pushed past you as you furrowed your eyebrows, heaving your book-bag over your shoulder with an uncomfortable glare as you began to make your way towards the administrations office.