'achoo!'

You raced back home that night through the drizzle of rain that was falling down onto your body, before jumping straight into your bed without even bothering to dry your cold, drenched hair or skin.

That was a grave mistake.

Your eyes cracked open to the stroke of dawn the next day, instantly feeling as if something was dragging you down into your own bed: like there were one-thousand weights strapped to your entire body.

You groaned a little, unable to breathe through your nose as hazy gasps left your lips.

Your uncle knocked on your door, "Oi," His voice snapped a little, "Why aren't you up yet? Your mum will kill me if she finds out that you're skipping school.." He finally cracked open your bedroom door before scoffing with wide eyes, giving you a weak glare: "Yikes, you like like shit, heh."

"Thank you, Keishin." You mumbled under your breath, your voice slightly nasally as your eyes slowly looked around.

He sighed, sitting against the side of your bed as he pressed the backs of his knuckles on your forehead. He gave you a defeated sigh, running his fingertips through his bleached hair before retracting his hand.

"You're not well."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Oi! What did I say about language?" He extended his finger as you weakly and breathily laughed, before stopping as your brain throbbed inside of your skull.

"Ouch-.."

Keishin sighed once more, "I'll call into the shop and say that I need to stay here and take care of you today."

You shook your head, offering him a faint smile at his caring: "It's fine, I'm not a child: I can take care of myself."

He scrunched his nose up, shaking his head: "Still, I don't know how I'll feel staying at work whilst you're here sick. Does your mother usually stay at home when you're off school?"

Your heart warmed a little at the fact that he was struggling to be a 'parent' for you, genuinely unsure on what to do with himself. It was oddly sweet as he tried to figure out what to do.

"I'll okay, I promise." You softly spoke, sniffling slightly: "Besides, the shop is only down the road so if there's any problems, you can easily get here."

"I suppose so.." Ukai grumbled slightly, ducking his neck, "I'll pop round at lunch and get you something to eat, alright?"

You offered him a smile as he ruffled your hair, before leaving you alone to rest as you swiftly fell back into a deep sleep.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Oikawa walked into his Modern Literature Class with a wide smile, his eyes instantly staring around the filled classroom.

"Huh-.." He hummed as he began to raise his brow, realising that you were missing from the room.

"Oikawa-Kun?" The teacher growled under her breath, tapping her shoe against the floor, "Can you please take a seat so that I may finally begin with the lesson?"

"Oh-!" The Captain bowed his head whilst feeling his stomach tighten, unsure on where you were, "I'm sorry."

He made his way to his usual seat, his eyes glued onto your empty chair with curiousness in his eyes. He hummed under his breath with a disappointed sigh that he had no one to bug or talk to for the next hour.