egotistical

You rushed to school the next morning, not wanting to bump into the third-year as you hopped on your bike.

You spent form-time breathless and fatigued as Matsun carried the conversation, before giving you directions to your next class: Literature in E3.

You rushed inside late, practically slamming the door open before realising that the entire class was silently staring at you.

'Awkward..'

You cleared your throat, watching the teacher stare daggers into you, "Erm-.." You hesitated, rubbing your arm: "Sorry I'm late, I got lost."

"L/N-San, is it?" The teacher scowled, "You may take your seat: just be warned that next time, I will not let you off so easily."

Your eyes slowly locked around the room for a spare seat: Honoka waved with a corny smile, before nudging her head towards the only free desk. Except it wasn't beside her, it was beside the Seijoh Volleyball Captain.

Oikawa tilted his head with a sinister smile, obviously realising that he was beside the only free chair. Your eyes rolled as you finally began to slowly walk over, hearing people whisper and gossip as you strolled past: your body fell into your chair, hearing the teacher begin the lesson.

You heard a playful giggle fall from the players lips as he glanced in your direction, before his eyes slowly shifted back onto the board.

Oikawa was resting his sharp jaw on the palm of his hand. The aroma of his cologne instantly filled your senses as he shuffled in place, his knee pressed against yours.

Your eyes slowly drifted back to his hands. Your heart was thudding in your chest as he wrote in pretty-cursive writing in his book.

You forced your have to avert onto the window: earlier that morning the sky was sunny, but now it was thick and heavy rain that hammered against the window.

The teacher clearing her throat caught your attention.

She raised her hand as you realised that she had given the class an assignment whilst you weren't paying attention.

"Okay, class, now that you've got todays assignment," Her voice echoed, "I need to hop out due to an issue in the library; I won't be long, barely five minutes."

You could see Oikawa's head turning to look at you from the corner of your eye, his chocolate iris' analysing your expression with a soft frown.

You could feel the warmth of his body radiate against your bare skin as his figure leaned a little closer to you; "L/N-Chan?" His voice sent shivers down your spine as he spoke, "So, do you wanna talk?"

"No." You gave him a short reply, beginning to doodle against your paper.

His nose scrunched with widened eyes, "What? Why?"

"I'd-.." You paused; your E/C eyes rolled subtly as you sighed with fatigue through your nose, "I'd rather concentrate on my work."

You heard a bright laugh fall carelessly from his lips as his muscular back leaned into his spruce chair; his arms extended to stretch as his light-blue shirt tightened against his torso.

Your brows furrowed he mercilessly laughed at what you said said - "What?"

"Oh, come on." You felt his elbow nudge against yours, "Don't try to act shy around me me now, Y/N. I have questions!"

"To do with the work, or to do with me?"

"Work, obviously!"

You turned your cheek, finally caving into the pretty boy beside you: "Fine.. what do you need?"

Oikawa shuffled closer, his smirk only growing as he spoke quietly: you knew immediately that it was so no one could hear, especially the girls behind you that were obviously leaning closer to hear what you two were talking about.

"So," His voice whispered next to your ear, "I guess we're neighbours now, huh?"

Your eyes widened, pushing him away: "You told me that your question was about class!"

He groaned, "Oh, come on!" His voice whined, leaning back into his chair, "Technically, it is! Because you're in my class, and you're also my neighbour!" He tapped his temple with an arrogant and condescending frown, "Think outside of the box."

Your arms crossed over your chest as you loathed his smug expression, "You're annoying.."

"We're not done yet, I still have more questions!" He waved his finger infront of your eyes, "Like, why was Iwa in your bedroom yesterday?"

"And, why would you care that Iwa was in my room?"

"Because how come you're nice to all of my friends, but hate me?" His voice softened a little as you felt just a tinge of guilt.

"I don't hate you," You scrunched your nose, "I don't like you, but that doesn't mean that I hate you." A smug smile began to grow against your lips as your pupils locked onto his from the corner of your eye, "Or at least, not yet."

"So mean.." He pouted, finally leaning away from you as the warm-vanilla smell of his cologne drifted from your nose, "Y'know, I don't get you. Not one bit." Tooru began to explain as you felt your chest tighten, his eyes refusing to look away from yours, "I mean, come on! You're popular; I'm popular." He cupped his cheeks with the palms of his hands, his fingertips tracing beneath his eyes with a kind gaze, "What's stopping us from being friends, at least?"

"Your ego."

"I-!" He hesitated, scrunching his face with a shocked stare: he pouted once more, returning his eyesight back onto his work, "Touché."