midnight kisses

Your chest tightened, your fingers curling into your palm. You lowered your head slightly, feeling your body instantly blaze as you struggled to process his words.

"Oh." You simply responded, struggling to say 'no' to that boyish smile, "Okay-.. Tooru."

His face beamed with delight once more as his body eased into the leather seats, "Come on, let's make use of this time whilst we're alone up here!" The Captain's tone lowered slightly as your eyes slowly drifted towards the pretty view from the wide windows surrounding both of you, "Whilst we're away from away from Iwa, and Maki, and your friends too."

Your head snapped back: "What's wrong with my friends?"

"Ah- Nothing, nothing!" He waved his hands dramatically with an awkward smile, "I just mean.. whenever I get chance to sit with you at lunch or break, there's always someone who sits with us just moments after." Oikawa placed his hand against your knee, tracing his fingertips up and down on your bare skin, "I.. like it when it's just me and you together. It's where I feel most comfortable!"

"..Really?" You whispered, slightly taken aback by what he had just admitted, "You actually feel.. that comfortable with me? You barely know me."

"I barely know you?" Oikawa laughed obnoxiously, "I've known you since the day you joined Seijoh: we talk to each other every day. You really tend to underestimate how well we know each other.. but I'll forgive you this once."

"I guess you're right," You nervously swallowed, nodding your head, "So.. what'd you want to talk about?"

Oikawa paused for a few moments, his brown eyes glancing off into different directions as he thought of what he was going to say: you could see him figuring out his words, being careful of his sentence choice.
"Can.. I ask you a question? That might be personal."

"Depends on the question." You asked in an unsure tone, "But only if I get to ask you one, too."

The brunette nodded, "That's fair; so.. why'd you leave Nekoma?"

You suddenly felt your heart drop.

"What-?" You asked him as he tilted his head, "Why.. do you care?"

He shrugged: "Just curious."

Glaring up towards the ceiling, you sighed slowly. You felt unsure on if you were ready to talk about it with anyone, but you also were desperate to be able to as Oikawa a question yourself, so you weren't left with much choice.

"I.. had a boyfriend."

His eyes widened, leaning back into his seat.

"Back at Nekoma, he sat beside me in Chemistry and we had a lot in common," Your voice softened with a sigh as Oikawa stayed quiet, listening closely, "He was a star athlete.. just like you. And he loved it when I watched him play."

Your date smirked, "So, how long were you dating him?"

"Six months, but-.." You bit down onto your tongue, "Then things.. stopped being so great between us. He was the type of boy who would go out of way his way to get what he wanted, and, to an extent, that was what made me fall for him.." You swallowed, "But.. that also included me."