another bet?

"You all have five minutes to prepare yourself for our first practice exam." Your Literature teacher called out as you and Oikawa exchanged nervous glances.

His lips formed an 'O' as you weakly smiled, before the class began to start talking about the surprise test.

"Oh no." Oikawa muttered to you.

"Scared?"

"Shaking.." He awkwardly smiled, brushing brunette hair from his forehead with wide, worried eyes, "I'm too tired for this."

Your shoulders shrugged as the teacher began to hand out the tests with the fronts facing the desk, giving you all time to mentally prepare for a few more moments.

"You're smart, Oikawa-San," You casually complimented him as his brown eyes widened slightly, "I'm sure you'll do fine."

With a gentle laugh, he clasped his palms against his cheeks: "You're so cute, sometimes!"

"Sometimes?" You scrunched your nose with disgust, leaning your face back: "Excuse you, I think you mean all the time."

He softly laughed once more, leaning is chin against the palm of his hand, "Come on, how about we make this lesson more interesting, huh?" He lifted his face with a sadistic smirk edging against his soft lips, "Let's make a bet."

"A bet?"

"Mhm!" He nodded, "Whoever gets the higher grade on this test wins. Care to play?"

"Depends.. what would we win?" You pressed your lips tightly together, shaking your head: "If I win, I want you to buy me [favourite food] everyday after school for the next week."

"Oh, really?" You watched the Captain lean closer towards you; his deep, warm eyes shifted off to either side to make sure no one was listening, before he pressed his cheek to yours, "If I win, I want to take you on a date."

Your eyes rolled back, "You really are adamant on making me like you, huh?"

He playfully laughed in response.

You were about to hesitate, but stopped yourself: this class was one of the only things you were truly better than Oikawa at. You knew you had a bigger chance of beating him: you nodded with a small smirk.

"You're on."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"I can't believe it!" You exclaimed, falling back onto Honoka's bed as she searched through her wardrobe on the other side of her bedroom, "Ninety-Six, and he got Ninety-Seven! There is no way he didn't cheat on that test!"

"Maybe he did," Honoka replied, looking at you from over her shoulder: "But you shouldn't dwell on that, I have so many cute outfits in your perfect size!"

With a subtle frown, your body slowly eased into her soft blankets, scrunching your fists slowly into tight balls.

"I feel weird." You muttered as she turned her cheek, "I'm half tempted to dress in the worst outfit I can find and make tonight as uncomfortable and awkward for him as possible. Just so that he'll leave me alone."

"What about the other half?"

"I-.." You hesitated, confusing conflicting with the butterflies in your stomach as you sat yourself up, "I want to see him flustered.. I want tonight to be something for him to remember."

"Well.." You watched the girl begin to pull a pretty dress from her closet, "Not that I'm fond of him, or anything, but I see nothing wrong with wanting to impress him." She extended her arm to hand you the soft-fabric, tossing it onto her bed, "Try this on!"