master and pupil

You'd been attending Volleyball practice almost every single day after-school since joining Aoba Johsai.

You weren't sure why, you just had: but your presence was welcome, so it wasn't like you were ruining their time.

Honoka's words hadn't left your mind, you'd already assumed that someone like Oikawa would be a player: it was undoubtable. But still, you felt slight disappointment when your own assumptions had became a reality.

You watched the team all regroup back together, being given strict orders by the Coach before they all began to sprint off towards the locker-room. All except the Captain

He spoke to the Coach for a few more minutes before smiling widely as he was handed the keys to the gym and storage-unit. You scrunched your face with confusion, beginning to lift your bags over your shoulders to walk home with the other third years: something that was becoming regular since you joining Seijoh.

"Hey, Matsun?" You asked, tugging on the edge of his sleeve, "What's Oikawa doing?"

His broad shoulders shrugged, "He asked Coach if he could stay longer today to practice his serves."

"Oh."

Iwa opened the door for you as the others began to leave, "You coming, L/N?"

You glanced over your shoulder at the gym; only one light was left on, almost as a spot light for the 'King' himself. Even without meaning to, Oikawa was always the centre of attention: you weren't sure if you envied or admired that about him.

He spun the ball within his fingertips as the gym was finally desolate.

You glanced back over your shoulder to the ace, "I think I left one of my text-books on the bleachers, but you should go ahead. It's late."

Iwaizumi stepped forward, shaking his head, "I'm not going to leave you here, I don't mind waiting a few minutes. It's dark outside."

You waved with a smile: "I'll be fine, I'll see you tomorrow at break?"

His lips parted to speak, before he caved into your smile: whilst nodding his head, he muttered, "Tomorrow." Before finally leaving as the gym doors swung to a close, leaving just you and Oikawa alone in the gym.

He couldn't see you in the shadows, but you could clearly see him.

You watched as he tossed the ball into the air, before swiftly running up and slamming his palm against it with all of his strength. The rubber material hit far beyond the outskirts of the court, but that didn't stop him from picking up another ball and hitting it even harder.

His slender brows were arched down his eyes with a slight scowl you hadn't seen from him. The edges of his lips were curled down.

It seemed less like Oikawa was trying to practice, and more like he was trying to let off steam.

He grunted as another ball was thrown and served with all of his strength, before his chocolate-brown glanced over to your direction: he could barely see your silhouette as he cupped his hands around his eyes.

"Hello?" Tooru called out, "Is someone there?"

You stepped out from the shadows, your fingertips digging into your bag: "It's just me."

His frown eased at the sight of you, beginning to lower his head as he sorely rubbed the sore spot of his neck.

"L/N-Chan.." He hummed to himself, turning his cheek with an almost 'shy' expression, "Hey, sorry: I thought everyone had already left.."