floods and umbrella's

The rain didn't stop for the rest of the day. If anything, it had just grown heavier.

You left the library a couple of hours after school had ended, carefully placing all of your books into your bag before deciding to go back home.

You drearily stood beneath the canopy at the front of your school, your hands cupping your brows to try and clear your view; you could barely see two meters in front of you due to the arising storm. The streets were flooded with ice-cold liquid that drenched your shoes, forcing you to stand on your toes with shivers tracing the ridges of your spine.

Your skirt was already dripping from when you had briefly gone to collect your bike, but in just the twenty-seconds that you had ran to get it, your figure was already soaked.

You pulled out your phone to call and ask Ukai to pick you up, before realising that your cell had ran out of battery.

You breathed out sharply before deciding to just brave it and run home; the roads were too slippery to ride your bike.

You crossed your arms tightly over your chest, instantly gasping at the heavy rain that immediately drenched your body once more.

You forced your body swiftly walk through the concrete carvings of the roads, feeling each splash absorb your legs as you flinched with each step. Your skin was erupting in constant shivers.

You struggled to remember the directions as you heard a thunder clap, aimlessly walking through the streets.

The water grew thicker; you struggled to find your way to your uncles home.

The streets soon became more isolated as gusts of winds began to storm you by, attempting to throw you to the ground; you squeaked as the wind almost pushed you from your feet.

You stepped forward, before feeling your foot slip against the smooth, wet concrete.

You let out a yelp, before your body fell down against the floor, instantly feeling your face lightly hit against the concrete; the pain wasn't excruciating, but it left some crimson-marks against your bare knees.

"Shit-.." You gasped for air, realising that you had left scratches in the paint of your bike from your fall.

You hopelessly sat on the floor for a few seconds, bathing in your own sadness as your uniform began to cling onto your skin.

Your fingertips ran across your knees, feeling slight blood run against your fingers, before realising that the rain had stopped touching your skin.

Yet, it was just as loud as ever.

With confusion, you glanced up, realising that someone was holding an umbrella above you to shelter you from the icy-droplets. The brunette-Captain hovered above your body with a faint frown.

He crouched a little, not uttering a word to you, just extending his forearm for you to grab hold of his hand.

When you shook your head, his soft lips finally parted to say: "Right now is no time to be so stubborn, L/N." His voice was the most serious than you had heard it so far; not soft, or cheerful, just stiff.

"I-.." You hesitated, before beginning to lace your fingers around his.

Oikawa's touch was warm as he pulled you up with ease; his fingers were long and slender as they tightly clasped around your hand.