him

TOORU OIKAWA'S POV;

My palm slammed against the ball, feeling the sharp-stinging against my bare skin.

Hot trickles of sweat fell down my temples as my eyes darted onto every swift movement of the vibrant ball; my fingers ran through the strands of brunette hair above my eyes to push it out of my face, tiredly brushing it back.

I could feel the edge of my lip curl up onto an insidious smirk as I swiftly moved the muscles on both arms to push the ball forward, letting one of my team mates strike it.

It slammed onto the opponents side.

It was just a practice game against my own teammates, and yet somehow, I felt even more competitive than usual: I had a craving inside of me that just couldn't be quenched.

Iwa patted his palm against the edge of my back, complimenting me on my last move as I threw the ball into the air once more.

My hand slammed against the rubber even harder than last time as I served.

However, this time, it was too hard. It missed the court and hit the outskirts.

I clasped my hands over my eyes with a groan, feeling frustration fill by blood as the other side served; even winning no longer seemed like enough to satisfy me.

Or at least, not in the past two weeks.

My eyes darted over to the door, hearing it creak open as I finally dropped my hands from my eyes; I leant forward, bending down to allow myself finally catch my breath as she entered the gym.

My expression softened.

I swallowed, running my fingers through my deep-brown locks once more to keep it in place as Y/N L/N greeted Matsu and Maki with a warm smile, before sitting herself down to watch the group play.

She folded one of her legs over the other, leaning her back into the navy-blue chair as her E/C eyes slowly dragged along the game happening around me.

As her pupils finally caught onto me, I felt my heart drop: I raised my hand to wave, offering her the smile I knew my fans adored, and yet..

she scowled. Coldly.

She gestured her hand towards the rest of the practice-game as if to tell me to concentrate, but how was I supposed to concentrate on my team when she was sat just ten meters away?

I'll admit it - this girl might be getting the better of me.

Normally, the most I'll have to try to get a girl head-over-heels for me is just flash her a smile or even just make a little eye contact. But, the new-girl is difficult to impress: or at least, she is when it comes to me.

I'm not used to having to fight for a girls attention. At this point, I'm not quite sure why I'm fighting at all: maybe it's my own stubbornness, or my need to be right.

But I'll admit it, she really is cute.

It's been over a week and a half since I walked her home in the rain, and not much else has happened: she denies my requests to hang out, or to study together, and she doesn't even bat an eye whenever I sit beside her at lunch.

Iwaizumi's brows furrowed downwards: "Dammit, concentrate!" He snapped at me from under his breath as I gave him a disgusted glare.

"Zip it, Iwa-Chan; remember who's Captain."

His emerald eyes rolled at the childish nickname as Maki snickered quietly.

Still distracted, I glanced to the other side of the Court where a group of three girls had gathered, each of their eyes glued onto me as I stood still. Their bodies tensed and shrivelled as they realised that they had caught my eye.