25 (f)

key points:
-this doesn't relate to the other chapter called beach day.
-you and dua are best friends.
-dua secretly likes you.
-short story (745 words)
-your pov.
_______________________________________________________

5:38 pm...

dua had been really stressed out from being on set and working on a new album for the past few months. i wasn't able to see her as much as i used to.

 i wasn't able to see her as much as i used to

we decided to just meet at the beach and chill

we decided to just meet at the beach and chill. and drink wine.

_______________________________________________________

5:56 pm...

i had just arrived at the beach. dua said we would meet there but i couldn't find her anywhere. i decided to call her on my phone instead. she answered and said that she was gonna be there in 2 minutes, she was just stuck in traffic.

5:59 pm...

i was standing facing the ocean water, watching the waves splash against the shore, until i heard a voice calling me from behind.

"Y/N!!!" i heard dua yelling while she was running in the sand.
"duaaaa!!!" i yelled back as i turned around.

she gave me such a big hug, we were acting like we hadn't seen each other in years when it was actually just in 2 weeks.

"ooooh you like nice" dua smiled.
"thank you... so do you" i said raising one eyebrow.

dua grabbed a towel she brought and layer it down in the sand. we both sat on it and she pulled out two wine glasses and one bottle of wine. she poured me a lot and handed it over.

"why thank you" i said giggling.
"you're welcome y/n" dua said raising one eyebrow.
"so.. tell me everything that's been going on since we were last together" i said.
"there is a shit ton of drama that's happened at work let me tell you" dua said.
"spill" i said.

she told me all the drama about who was a better song writer and all that stuff.

"well what's been up with you?" dua asked.
"not much. i met this one guy a few days ago... he was so fucking weird!" i said rolling my eyes.
"tell me all about him" dua said.
"okay so i think it was on sunday but we went to this restaurant, it's called yopo's, he took me there it's like arabic food and stuff.. anyways we were sitting at a table and he ordered a glass of wine.. normal right? i thought so. he took a sip and then tilted his head back and started gurgling it!" i yelled quietly.
"ew what the hell?!" dua said.
"that was the first sign.. i decided to ignore it. i shouldn't have though.. anyways then we got food and stuff but he chewed so fucking loud like i can't even explain." i said.
"ew no way." dua said making a double chin.
"okay and then the last thing was, we went back to his place to you know... have seggs and stuff.. he lived with his sister and she wouldn't mind her damn business. we went to his room and got naked and stuff and then his sister knocked on the door and started squirting a water gun through the door. she was like 20 or something like what the fuck? anyways he made her leave the house and then we starting doing it. then after like 20 seconds he was like, i'm tired let's be done with this" i said before taking a sip of wine.
"oh my god Y/N that was probably so fuckin awkward" dua laughed.
"yeah it was, i just was like what the fuck i'm leaving your house hahah" i laughed.
"what was his name?" dua asked.
"ethan... he seemed a little gay too" i said.

me and dua just sat and watched the sun set for a little bit until dua started to get personal with some things.

"Y/N?" dua asked.
"yeah?" i asked.
"i know this is kinda personal but how do you tell someone you love them?" dua asked.
"i would just shoot it out and take my chances," i said.
"i love you" dua said.
"yeah just like that" i smiled.
"Y/N i love you." dua said again.
"me?" i asked.
"yes" dua said and nodded her head.
"i- i love you too dua" i mumbled.

me and dua kissed for a solid 5 seconds and the. i leaned on her shoulder. we stayed at the beach for like 20 more minutes but only watched the sunset.