Part 15

Fiona

I was lying on my bed reading one of my favorite novels. Oh, how much I wish I can just go inside my book somehow. I love it when I'm reading I can feel like I'm somewhere else.

I was getting lost in my book, but then I heard glass shatter. I remember Anna telling me everyone was out working or something. So I guess the maids dropped something?

I was about to just go back to reading, but then something else shattered and I heard someone shout. It sounded familiar. Can it be? 

I ran outside into the halls to see if someone was hurt. 

I saw the door to Adrian's office open. Is he hurt?  I walked closer to the room. I peaked from behind the door. Adrian was sitting on the floor with his arms, hiding his face next to a shattered vodka bottle. I looked to see the mirror above his vanity was also broken. There was broken glass everywhere. I quietly walked towards him.

 "you should treat that before you get an infection" I managed to say quietly.

he stared at me for a bit. 

My heart was pounding. maybe he didn't want me here. maybe me being here is just making things worse.

I was considering leaving but then he spoke.

"I don't care," he said coldly. 

He got up and started walking towards me. I began to walk backward. when my back hit the door it shut close. 

He was so close I can feel his breath on my face. He put a hand on the door behind me. I felt paralyzed and my legs felt weak. 

"y-you should really treat that" I barely got out. 

"I told you already I'm not doing anything" 

"fine, I'll do it," I said.

He raised a brow at me. then he started to walk towards the bathroom. Should I follow him?

It took me a second but I followed him. he turned on the faucet and began to rinse off some of the blood then picked up the first aid kit and started to treat it. I could see him kinda struggling to do it with one hand so I went over there and asked if he needed any help. 

"I can do it myself," he said.

"Please, let me help," I said. 

He dropped the cotton ball. I went over there to help him.

He watched me as I bandaged his wound, not once looking at his hand.

"done," I said, and he looked at his hand then back up to me.

"ok, anything else," he said not breaking any eye contact.

"uh no, I should go" I started to walk out.

"going so fast" 

I looked back at him.

"you haven't yet asked me how this happened"

"how'd it happen?" I asked 

"now why would I tell you," he said with a grin on his face.

"but you said-"

"I know," he said walking closer to me.

 "what are you waiting for leave," he said slightly smiling.

what?

I almost tripped on my way back and I can hear him chuckle. 

.............

doneeee 

it's kinda short sorry about that.