Part 19

Fiona

They let me stay in some small dark room for the night. I wasn't expecting any luxury. I was just glad I was still alive. 

My shoulder has been hurting for as long as I can remember. When I looked at it, there was dried up blood on it. Maybe they hurt me while I was passed out.

There was a small bed in the corner of the dimly lit room and the only source of light I had was a really dim lamp beside the bed. No bathroom, they had just left a bucket. I rather hold it in than use that thing, even tho I probably haven't used the bathroom in hours and I really needed to go. 

..........................

I followed a man into a car. I only had 3 weeks to do this, or I was dead, along with my friends and family.

The car ride was quiet, you don't really have much to say to your kidnappers. but I was eager to know about my shoulder.

"can I as you something?" I said.

"make it quick" he responded.

"what's wrong with my shoulder?"

he chuckled "you're asking me what's wrong with your shoulder? don't you know who we are and what we do"

"yes, but I was unconscious and I demand to know what you people did"

"you demand?" he looked at me.

"well if you're so eager to know then I'll tell you, you had a tracker placed inside of you but it's long gone, we destroyed it," he said.

That bastard. so much for 'freedom'

I asked no more questions after that.

I began to regret everything. What was I thinking??? how am I a normal girl supposed to take down a mafia leader not even that but the most feared mafia leader. either way, I'm dead. I'm a dead woman.

Maybe I can flee the country move to the mountains or something, just anywhere away from here, anywhere.

the car stopped in front of my apartment.

"don't think of baling or betrayal because we have your friend hostage and each day till the 3 weeks are over they will torture her, so you better make it quick. if you can even make it out alive" he shot me a disgusting smirk.

I can't fuck up now, not now.

I went inside my apartment and took a long shower then I started planing.

I needed to get to anna, If I can get to her I can do this. we were friends and I suppose she will still want to hang out with me. what an awful 'friend' I am.

then I remembered the girl at the diner, Anna seemed to like her maybe she visited and if not I can get her number off the girl.

I quickly got dressed and called an uber.

I went inside the diner hoping the girl was working. when I walked in I saw the same girl taking orders. thank god.

she seemed to remember me so she gave me a slight smile as I sat down at a table. I waited until she took my order to as her.

"hey, what would you be having today?" she asked me after giving me another smile.

"mhm let me see" I looked at the menu. 

"I'll have a caesar salad"

"Alright, anything else?"

"uh yes... you may remember me from the last time a came here with a friend"

"Oh yes, I remember"

"do you happen to have her number on you?"

"um probably, let me check"

she showed me the number on her phone screen and I copied it down.

"why'd you ask?"

"Oh nothing, I got a new phone and lost her number"

"oh ok," she then walked away to take other orders.

..........

hey, sorry it took so long it took me a while to get my data back.