Scooter- My Brothers Bestfriend

(this is modern day, so there is social media and phones)

-y/ns pov-
my first day at Eden Hall is tomorrow, and i'm a mix between nervous and excited. i mean its also the very first day for everybody else, but still, its my first day.
"your gonna do fine!" Scooter said. Scooter is my brothers best friend and also mine. them and the varsity team are the only ones i know and the only ones that know me. Kayden, my brother, and Scooter play hockey for Eden Halls Varsity team, they are your typical jocks.
"hey i thought they gave the whole Jv team to those ducks?" scooter asked, looking in the cupboards for something. "they did, but they wanted another player, so i got picked" i said, scrolling through instagram.i looked up to see Scooter looking at me and then look away when i looked.

-time skip-

-y/ns pov-
i meet the JV team today, and im excited but also very nervous. Kayden was driving to pick up scooter before we go to school, and i was sitting shotgun. We pulled up in front of Scooters house, and waited a few minutes before he came out. He didnt argue with me over shotgun and just got into the back seat. Kayden and him did their little handshake thing before we pulled away. we got to the school and i got out of the car and the boys did the same. "y/n, your looking nice today" Scooter complimented, while a pink tint spread aross his cheeks, so i decided to mess with him. "I didnt look good yesterday?" i say back, and he looks embarrassed, "no no thats not what i mea-" he tried saying, completely nervous and fumbling his words. "No sweat scooter, i was playin around" i say, with a grin. " ill see you two idiots later." I say walking away, and going through the doors into school. a wave of nervousness hit me, and i bumped into someone. What a great way to start my day. "Im so so sorry" he said, looking at me. "no sweat. First day?" I asked, and he nodded. "well same here, im y/n, y/n Sloane" i stuck my hand out. He grabbed it and shook it while saying, "I'm Ken, Ken Wu" we let go of eachothers hands, and we hit it off, he was really nice. He ended up playing for the JV team too, so he introduced me to everybody.
i hit it off with connie and julie, the only other girls on the team, and they seemed pretty excited to have another girl on the team.

then i see cole and scooter picking on Ken. "hold on guys, i gotta help ken" i say getting up from my seat. "no y/n you can't. they'll pick on you too" connie said grabbing my arm. "just watch connie, you'll see" i say, as she lets go of my arm. i walk over, "hey Scooter, Cole, Kayden. Rick." i roll my eyes when i say rick, and i wave hi to the rest of the team, "whatcha guys doin, playin a game with Ken?" i say as i gesture over to Ken. "Sorry to cut it short but i need Ken so i gotta take him from y'all" i say putting my arm around Kens shoulders. Scooter looked a little mad when i did this but i didn't think of it. i may have the smallest crush on Scooter, but all he sees me as is Kaydens Little Sister. i turn around with ken and walk back to the JV table, and i could feel somebody burning holes into the back of my head, but brushed it off. "thanks y/n" ken whispered in my ear, "no problem Ken"

"how did you not die y/n" Averman asked half sarcastic and half curiously. "oh, i know them. My brother Kayden plays on their team."

-time skip-
it's now been 3 weeks since i've started at eden hall. Me and Ken became quick besties and hung out almost everyday. we just clicked, but somebody wasn't a fan of us being close, and that somebody was Scooter. i also thought i'd try to talk to some other guys from my class, i mean i can't be single forever, but they'd always give me short answers and be scared.

i was walking down the hallway to class one day, when i went to go around a corner but heard scooter, so i stopped and hid and listened in on the convo.

-Scooters pov-

"i saw you talking to y/n the other day, what did i tell you?" i ask the boy, he was curly brown haired boy. "Yes scooter i remember, i don't talk to her, she's yours, but she asked me if i wanted to be her partner for this group project thing so i had to talk to her to tell her i couldn't. please i swear that's all it was!" he blurts out, being scared of me. "alright i'll let you go but if i see you talk to her again." i just stare at him, i let him go and fix my jacket.

heres the facts. 1. i like y/n, a lot 2. she very good looking so guys would be all over her and i wouldn't be able to make a move 3. i know it's slim chance she'll like me back, because i'm just her brothers "annoying" friend but hey i gotta at least try.
i went to practice after school that day, and it was the same as all the others practices before. i walked out of the locker room doors, and saw y/n, it was looking like she was waiting for someone.
"y/n you do know that Kayden already came out?" i questioned, and her head jolted up. "actually i needed to talk to you"

-y/ns pov-
i grabbed scooters arm and walked around a corner, "i heard what you did." i said bluntly. "and what did i do?" he said, acting dumb.
"i asked around, and all had the same answer, 'scooter said you were his and we couldn't talk to you', sound familiar?" i say, he looks at me guiltily, and that's when he tried to kiss me.
he actually leaned in, and tried to kiss me. i just pushed him off me and ran around the corner. "y/n, wait i'm sorry!" i could hear him say, "please wait come back" i started crying while running, and by the time i got to Kaydens car my eyes were red and puffy. Kayden didn't know who i was talking to, but didn't question anything.

-time skip 3 days-

-still y/ns pov-
i laid in my bed while i thought about me and scooters last interaction, i wanted so badly to kiss scooter and i pushed him away. i don't know what happened, but i couldn't do it there, i was asking him a question! he never answered, and i haven't given him a chance. i'm just scared that he'll say something about the kiss and say he didn't know what he was thinking or he want thinking at all, that im just the boring little sister. i've avoided him through school the past 3 days, because i really didn't want to see scooter yet because it's just all complicated.
i was in my room when i heard a knock on my door. "hey im inviting Scooter over" i heard Kayden say. my breathing hitched abit "okay i'll just be in here" i say. he shut the door and 10 minutes by and i hear ca car pull up in front of the house. i get up and look out the window and see him. i think he may have seen me too but didn't show it. i sat down at my desk and started doing some of my homework, it wasn't due for a few days but i thought i'd get a jump on it. about 7 minutes later, i heard a knock on my door.
"come in" i say not looking up from my homework, assuming it's just Kayden wondering if i'm gonna hang with them.

"hey y/n, uh.. can we talk? please?" an all to familiar voice said, i looked up to see Scooter shutting my door slowly.

"talk then." i say, still sitting in my desk chair. Scooter sits in the edge of the bed. "i screwed up, i know that. it wasn't my place to do that, but i couldn't stand the thought of you with another guy-" "and why's that?" i cut him off and ask, " because y/n Sloane, i love you and i had no right to try and kiss you the other day and i'm so so sorry." i looked at him, he truly meant what he had said. "Scooter, what you did wasn't right but..." i start to say but trail off, i'm not gonna say it i'll show it. so i get up from my chair and walk to over to Scooter. i lift his head by his chin and kiss him. he grabs my waist and pulls me onto him, and we start kissing even more. so there i am, making out with my brothers bestfriend, the guy i had been mooning over for the past year. "you think we should tell Kayden?" i ask after we pull away, "not yet, let's just keep it our, dirty little secret." he says with a smirk, before we start kissing again.