Adam Banks- First Date

(modern day pov)
Requested by: @greasergirl2

-y/ns pov-
i search frantically around my closet, throwing clothes all over. "i have nothing to wear!" i say, and i let out a little laugh.
"come on! you have to have something to wear!" Connie says, as she starts looking as well.
I was so nervous about tonight, because i was going on my first date ever, with Adam, The Adam Banks. The Banksie who i've been best friends with and crushing hard on ever since he first joined the ducks. Throughout the Team USA, his wrist, i was there. And now, in Eden Hall, with him on Varsity we drifted a little, which made me sad.
Then about a week ago, Adam texted me asking if we could meet up quick after his practice and i said we could, because i would be on my way to practice as well. when we met up outside of the locker rooms, that's when he asked if he could take me on a date. now here i am, desperately trying to find something to wear.
"what about this" connie said, and she held up a cute looking dress. Adam had told me to dress "fancy, but comfy" as we were doing something that he saw on tiktok and it made him think of me.
i try on the dress and it looks amazing.
"wow, i wish i was the one going on a date with you, cuz damnnnnn" Connie said, then laughed and i laughed with her. it was only 5:30 and he said he'd come pick me up around 6, so Connie left to go hangout with Guy. i looked at myself repeatedly in the mirror, and every time i still couldn't believe i was gonna wear this. i took a few pics of myself and went downstairs to wait. i sat at our kitchen island when i heard a knock on the door. my little brother, Brett, got to the door before me.
"HI ADAM!!" Brett said excitedly, since it's been a while since he's seen him.
"Hi Brett"Adam says, as he scoops him up and spins him around. I let out a laugh and watch them. Adam drops him onto the couch, Brett still hysterically laughing, and Adam turns around to look at me. When he does his jaw drops enough that you can tell he's amazed.
"Wow, y/n, you look really pretty in that." Adam says, flustered and with a tint of pink covering his cheeks.
"You look dashing as well Adam" I say, with a cheeky smile.
"Shall we get going?" Adam says as he extends his hand out for mine.
"We shall but are you going to tell me where we are going? or what we are doing?" I say, as i place my hand in his. As soon as my hand is in his, all the nervousness about tonight goes away.
"Ooo, and ruin the surprise? i'll pass" He says as he leads me out my front door, i say bye to brett and my parents and close the door behind me, and walk down to his car in our driveway.
He opens my door and i get in and he closes it, and i watch him walk around the car and get in.
"This is your first time driving with me, correct?" he asks, as he turns the car on and puts his seatbelt on.
"yes it is, you got it after you got on the um" i pause for a second, then finish, "after you got put on varsity".
He looks over at me and nods, knowing that was around the time we drifted, all because of the varsity players. He doesn't let that ruin the mood, and he passes me his phone.
"Pick a song, anything with a good beat that is also upbeat." he says, as he smiles and reverses out of the driveway and starts driving down the street. i sit there for a split second before typing in a song. i hit play, and set his phone down. the song, (insert any song) starts playing and we both start bopping our heads and singing to it. we listen to some more songs, and the we arrive at (your fav fast food restaurant) and he parks. he gets out and comes to open my door, and i get out and he closes it.
"we are doing this trend?" i say, thinking of exactly what we are doing.
"yup! and it made me think of you because on the ice, you don't care how others look at you, you just go on by" Adam says as he looks at me, and then he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the restaurant. "let's go!"
we get in line, and i just know that some people are looking, me in a dress and him in a tux.
we get our food and walk back out to the car. we get back in.
"now we go to where we will eat" he says, and he pulls out of the parking lot.
15 minutes later, we arrive at a park, but not just any park, the park where the ducks had their first big picnic as a team and also the park where me and adam came to picnic every other saturday. i couldn't believe he remembered.
we get out of the car and start walking towards our spot.
-time skip, like 30 mins-
we finished eating and we were just laying there on the blanket.
"i can't believe you remembered this spot" i tell him.
"how could i forget?" he says as he turns his head to look at me, and i do the same.
"this has been our spot since forever, all those picnics i just couldn't help but think, this is where i wanted our first official date to be." he says, staring into my eyes. i was surprised, because all this time i thought my crush for him was unrequited. he slides his hand to where mine is resting and grabs it and interlocks our fingers. we both smile, and i turn my head back up to look at the sky. little did i know, Adam still looked and admired me for a few seconds before turning his head as well. i still couldn't get over the fact that for years he thought about where our first date would be. and here we were, having that first date.