Rick Riley- Preppy (Pt.2)

I get to my car that was parked close to the dorms and get in. I sit in astonishment for a second. I just agreed to a date with a guy I've known barely a day! I'll be honest, he's quite cute and charming and I'll give him a chance before I turn him down, but how he acted all smug this morning still poked me. He apologized at least for his actions. Plus he plays hockey as well, which is a perk. I drive home and see that my parents are there.

"Hey honey! How was your first day at school?" My mom asks when I walk in the door, as she unpacks a box in the kitchen.

"It was good, i tried out for the varsity team and they accepted me." I say, and my moms eyes light up.

"That's great honey!" She says as she engulfs me in a hug.

"I also agreed to go on a date tomorrow with somebody." I add, which surprises her.

"Well that's nice, at least your getting out there now. I thought you'd marry mr.hops" she says and laughs. I laugh with her. Mr Hops is my stuffed bunny that I took and still take places.

"Alright, Alright." I say and put my hands up I defeat. "I'm gonna go unpack the boxes in my room."

"Okay, we ordered pizza. That's where your father is." Mom adds, before I leave the kitchen. I pick up a box from the living room labeled my closet and walk upstairs. I get to my room and shut the door behind me. I look at the other 3 boxes in my floor. I open them all and put the stuff on my bed. I start organizing when I hear a car door shut. I look out my front facing window to see that my dad was home. I go downstairs to eat before I restart again.

-the next morning at school-

I grab my schoolbooks that I'll need for math from my locker. I hear voices chattering all throughout the hallway, but i mind my business and head to my first class. On my way, I see Preppy and his friends with the cheerleaders. I look at Preppy and he's already looking at me. He waved and smiled so I do the same before turning down the hallway. I find myself blushing abit.

At lunch, i decide to eat outside on the grounds. I find a nice tree to sit under and open my book to start reading. I was supposed to read 20 pages last night for an assignment today but I forgot so I'm doing that now. I hear somebody walk up.

"Can I sit with you?" I look up to find Preppy, standing over me. Boy does he looks tall.

"Go ahead." I say, and he sits beside me.

"So, why are you reading during lunch? Isn't this the time to get away from that stuff?" He asks as he points and touches the book.

"I forgot to read for class today so I'm trying to get it done now." I tell him as I look over at him. He looks back at me and I smile.

"So, Preppy, what are we doing for this date?" I ask, and take a bite of a carrot.

"Oooh, but that would ruin the surprise!" He says as he slowly looks away in a sarcastic way. I punch him playfully in the shoulder and he looks back at me and we laugh.

"You'll just have to wait and see" he says, as he gets up and smiles and walks away. I find myself watching him walk away. I snap out of it, determined to read the pages but i keep wondering about him and our date.

Later that night, i get ready for our date. I decide to wear (insert a nice outfit of ur choice). I told him my address when he asked for it after school. I get dressed and squirt a but of perfume on, i check my hair and outfit in the mirror. Damn i look hot in this! I go downstairs and wait in the kitchen with my mom. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I open it to reveal Preppy with flowers.

"For you." He says, as he hands them over to me.

"Thank you! These are really beautiful." I say, and smell them.

"Here I'll take them and put them in water. Now you guys go have fun, but not to much fun!" She says as she hurries off. I chuckle and walk out the door, closing it behind me. We walk to his car, in which he opens my door for me. I thank him and get in. He walks around and gets in and we are on our way.

"So, where are we going?" I say after a little bit.

"Well i tried finding something perfect for our first date. But I realized all I needed to make this perfect, was you." And he glances over and smirks. I can't help but blush.

"Hmm so your corny. I guess that's charming too." I reply.

"In all seriousness, i thought we would go the the drive in. I thought it was public, so you'd know I wasn't trying to do anything. We'll be in the car so we can still talk and get to know each other and we can still watch the movie." He explains. I can't help but just melt. He wanted something in the public to make me feel comfortable.

"That sounds nice." I reply, and smile.

We get to the drive in and he parks the car.

"You want a drink or anything from concession?" He asks.

"I'll take a sprite?" I ask, and he nods and is on his way.

Shortly after, he comes back. He hands me my sprite and I thank him. A little while later, he breaks the silence.

"So, why'd you move here?" He asks.

"Boring story, my dad got a better job here." I answer, he chuckled. He asked a few more questions and I answered, then i asked him a few.

In the middle of the movie, I catch him looking down at my hand which was resting on my thigh. I can also see his hand inching closer, trying to be discreet. I slowly move my hand to meet his and we intertwine fingers. We look at eachother and smile. I know that blush was plastered all over my face, I'm just hoping he couldn't tell.

After the movie was done, we leave the drive in, still holding hands. It doesn't take long before we pull up in front of my house. He gets out to come open my door. We walk up to my front door.

"I had a really good time, watching the movie and getting to know you." He blurts.

"I did too, Preppy." I say and smirk.

"Im stuck with that nickname now aren't I." He remarks and laughs. We stand there for a minute in silence.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers all of a sudden.

I'm surprised at first, but eventually nod. We lean in and kiss. Fireworks explode in my stomach. We stay like that for a solid minute before we both pull away and look at each other.

"I better go in." I say, after a few seconds. He nods. I open the door and walk in and look back at him. I smile.

"Goodnight Preppy."

"Goodnight y/n."

~~~~~~~~~~~
😏
I hope this met some expectations for the date, but I liked writing this one.