nori's kind of normal life

a/n

felt bad for being on hiatus so heres smthn i wrote

time in this chapter is vague so dont assume theyre all in the same day/week

still on hiatus

(in this chapter: domestic family time, ikunori being a stubborn bitch, todoroki family dinner, and sexual orientation talk)

"Nii-chan, you gotta fix things with Kacchan," Izuku whines. I hum, flicking my eyes over to him, before going back to my book. Pride and Prejudice. Even though it was a classic and from way back then, it wasn't that hard to find. Most literature from my previous life's time were considered antiques, so it was rare and difficult to find. I couldn't even find Demon Slayer volumes due to how old it was. This led to me being called 'retro' by my peers, since I was usually seen with some old merchandise. Even Eijirou mentioned my old tastes, and he was into a hero from All Might's prime – which in this day and age, is considered old. That's not to say I don't enjoy stuff from this time. There's some pretty good mangas from this decade that I'm into, and I even got Izuku roped into one of them.

"Nii-chan, did you hear me?" Izuku's sigh interrupts my thoughts, and I blink. I turn to him, and chuckle a little.

"Yeah, but why should I? He should apologise before I even consider talking to him," I murmur, and flip a page. Izuku cries out in agony.

"It's so awkward whenever our parents decide to have dinner... you know how Aunt Mitsuki gets. She thinks we should have weekly dinners with them because she doesn't want kaa-san to feel lonely with just us."

I hum, and trail my finger down the page as I read.

"And whenever we eat with them, it's so tense! Kaa-san and Aunt Mitsuki talk a lot just to ease the tension, and Uncle Masaru asks us about school repeatedly..."

"That's his fault, for being a dick."

"Nii-chan, you're part of the problem and you know it," Izuku states with a huff. I sigh and place my bookmark between the pages, snapping the book shut.

"Yes, I'm aware. It's wrong, I know," I grit out. Izuku blinks at my sudden giving in. "Doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it."

"You are so stubborn!"

"We have that in common."

Izuku lets out another cry of frustration.

"It's also affecting everyone around you! Not just kaa-san and Aunt Mitsuki!"

I huff and look away.

"Everyone in class keeps giving you looks, you know."

"As if I care, Izu-chan," I mutter. Izuku sighs.

"There's no use talking to you, is there?"

I send him a sardonic smile. Izuku sighs again.

"And I can't even talk to Kacchan because I'm his 'rival' or something. Shouldn't of that've been you, or something?"