~XIX~

A/N

I dont own bnha!

Im updating so soon!! do i have a fever or something?! this chapter is like,,, over 2000 words wtf how??? if only im like this all the time...

another filler, some important talks, nori being weird, and a lunch date with yagi-san!

"Wait a minute..." Denki muttered.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Kyoka asked. I hummed, contemplating her question. Yeah, everything seemed fine and all when we all watched it on our screens, but experiencing it first hand... it was terrifying. I honestly didn't want to experience it again. Looking at Katsuki and Izuku, however, reminded me that I had to face these things over and over again. That's the job of a hero. I'm such a coward.

"What if they attack us again, or something..?" Ojiro (the guy still won't let me call him Mashi-chan, bummer) asked. Aizawa sighed underneath all the bandages.

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event," Aizawa said. I could tell he was glancing at all of us, even if I can't see his eyes underneath the bandages. The guy had such a piercing stare. "Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years."

I let out a low whistle. Izuku and I always watched the sport festivals on tv and I could tell that the security was tight, even from behind the screen. That security should be pretty beefed up.

"Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains," Aizawa said. Mineta whimpered.

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports," Mineta muttered. I scoffed. Didn't this kid know how important it was? It's practically the most important event in Japan! It took over the olympics! As a person who was raised with a family hooked on sports (besides me and grandpa) in their past life, the Olympics was a pretty big thing in the household. Not having any news on it in any social media in this life was a pretty outlandish experience when I was younger.

"Mineta, you've never seen the sports festival?" Izuku asked. Mineta sniffed.

"Of course I have!" Mineta cried. "That's not what I meant, at all!"

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them," Aizawa started. "As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory."

I couldn't help but agree with that. I remember when McDonalds used to sell those glasses to promote the Olympics, and they were collectables. I'm pretty sure their vintage antiques now. Man, if I still had those glasses, I would've made pretty easy money just selling them on Ebay...

"And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the U.A. sports festival!"

"Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching," Momo commented. I shuddered a little, realizing that so many people will be watching. "For scouting purposes!"