CHAPTER 3.2 | Takanashi Kiara

We've finished eating our dinner and Steven and Mike are the ones who cleaned the table and brought the dishes to the sink so that they can clean them.
So, it's just me, Claire and Kitty left. And the atmosphere is really awkward..

"I truly apologize for how I acted earlier Kiara..", Claire said while bowing her head slightly down and started the conversation.

"Uh.. Nono, it's my fault as well. I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea about me being here..", I replied.

"It's just that I get easily jealous when another woman is with Steven, especially when the woman is not one of my friends or family members."

"I see, I'm really sorry again!"

I bowed my head down while apologizing to her so that I can show how sorry I really am.
I don't even know if she still feels like I'm another woman to Steven or something..

"Ah, don't worry. By now, I don't see you as Steven's another woman.", Claire said while smiling.

Did she read my mind?! Does she have powers?!
At any rate, I'm glad that's not what she thinks about me anymore.

"By the way, I haven't asked you yet. What are you to Steven?", I asked since I still don't know even now.

"Oh? I thought you'd already know by now?", she replied.

It's not that I don't know, there are signs but I'm not sure which one I'll pick and ask.
Maybe she's Steven's sister who's taking care of her daughter? Or maybe his cousin? But my bet is, she's Steven's wife.
But I won't ask her about those, not after seeing how she reacted earlier..

"I'm her wife, we've been married for almost 12 years now. And Kitty is our daughter, she's currently 9 and turning 10 by the 1st month of next year.", she explained.

"I see..", I said.

"I thought you'd already know by now though?", Claire asked.

"I had some guesses, but I don't know how to ask them."

"Are you still afraid that you might saw what you saw about me earlier?"

"uh.. Um.. Y-Yes.."

"Haha! I knew it!"

I got a feeling that she's going to show it to me for a second to tease me..

"But like I said Kiara, I won't do that to you again since you're not what I think you are to him.", she said with a smile.

"T-Thank you, and I'm really sorry.."

"Like I said it's fine."

After our talk, I looked at what Kitty was doing for a second. And she was playing with her hair and it's so cutee!
When Kitty noticed my gaze and looked at me, she hid her face using her face and hid under the table.

"A-Aah...", I gasped while trying to say something to the now hidden Kitty.

Claire noticed that Kitty suddenly hid and looked at me, it got awkward again but apparently unlike before Claire just smiled and let out a little laugh.

"Haha.. Don't worry about Kitty, she's just shy when she sees new faces around her. But by the time she gets to know them, she'll let out her true self and be open towards them.", Claire explained.

"I see.."

"By the way, I heard something about your conversation earlier.", Claire said.

Which conversation does she mean? I mean, we mostly talked about myself and what happened to me. Oh wait, there was that event of her as well...

"Was it called... Amnesia?", Claire said while trying to guess the word.

She really does mean about that topic...

"Yes, it's called Amnesia like Mike said.", I explained to her.

"Ah yeah, that! Did you really lose your memories?", Claire asked.

"Yeah, it seems so.."

"Then how'd you know your name?"

"Well apparently, by the time I woke up there was a piece of paper in my hand. And what's written there was my name.", I explained.

I tried to get the paper out from my pocket while explaining it to Claire.
But..

"Eh? Eh? Eehh?? Eeehhh??!!", I gasped while trying to search for that paper from every section of my pockets.

"What's wrong?", Claire asked.

"The paper...!, is gone....!"

Then I remembered when I was checking at the paper while out in the blizzard earlier, I didn't return it to my pocket because I lost my footing and fell to that cliff.

"I think I lost it by the time I fell from the cliff..", I explained while looking gloomy and sad.

"Aaah—!, don't worry about! You don't have to search for it, really! I believe that you're name is Kiara Takawashi!", Claire said while in panic and trying to calm me down and cheer me up.

"Okay... And it's Takanashi..", I said while correcting my other name.

"Takanashi?, I swear I heard Takawashi.."

It's Takanashi, Claire..
Although I don't even know what language that is, I am sure that it's TA-KA-NA-SHI!

"Well, anyways—"

"Mommy, can I sleep now..?", Kitty asked.

Claire was about to say something, but apparently Kitty interrupted while still hiding under the table.

"Are you sleepy Kitty?", Claire asked gently.

I didn't hear or see her response, but I'm guessing Kitty nodded to Claire's question.

"Okay, then..", Claire said as she stood up.

"I'm sorry Kiara, but can I excuse myself? I'm going to bring Kitty to her bed so that she can sleep.", Claire said.

"I-It's okay! You can.. Goodnight Kitty~", I said while noticing Kitty getting up and greeted her.

"Okay, thanks Kiara..", Claire said.

Claire then left the kitchen and brought Kitty to her bedroom, and apparently Kitty didn't respond to my Goodnight greeting..

But she was still so cute when she was playing with her hair!! Aagh! I can't get it out of my mind now!

I am now left in the kitchen, and silence really is scary..
I stood up and looked around the kitchen, and all I'm seeing are kitchen tools, utensils and more kitchen stuff.
Although, I did notice that the dishes are still left uncleaned. I thought Mike and Steven cleaned them?
I got closer to the sink and checked the dishes, then I looked around to see where the two are.
And after some time looking around the kitchen, I decided to look around the entire house.
Although it may be disrespectful, I just don't feel comfortable staying in one place.
In a creepy silent place..

After some time looking around the entire house, I finally found the two of them outside. And apparently, the blizzard has now calmed down.
I tried to get closer to hear their conversation and..

"Mike, I'm sorry but... I still don't trust her."

Those were the words I heard, and those were Steven's voice.
What does he mean by not trusting me?