CHAPTER 5.2 | Takanashi Kiara

"I'm home", I said after entering the house and closing the door.

"Welcome back Kiara, where'd you wander off to?", Claire asked while reading some books at the sofa.

"I just wandered around and visited the Town Hall, and it's really busy there.."

"Yeah, it's always busy at the Town Hall. I'm surprised how Mike and my husband don't get too stressed out after work."

"Eh? They don't get tired?"

"Yeah, it's like they're used to their work. I don't know if it's a bad thing or not. But I do get them to some check ups, and they don't seem to have health problems."

What are they? Not humans?
If I'd be working there, I'd get stressed out by just the 1st hour.

"If they don't have health issues then I guess they're fine right?", I asked.

"Yeah, I just hope that they're not hiding it.."

There is a possibility that they're faking it.
But since the doctor said that they have no health issues, then I guess that's that.

"By the way, where's Kitty?", I asked as I sat down at the sofa beside Claire.

"Oh, she's currently sleeping in her room."

"I see, I mean she is just a kid, so she needs her sleep."

"Yeah..", she said while flipping to the next page of her book.

Silence went on and I decided to read some books too, and I don't really understand how she can read and listen to my talk at the same time.

I grabbed a book from the table, and the cover page had the title of 'The Sun Village tour book'.

"A tour book..?", I muttered.

"Hm? Oh yeah, that book was created when we were still kids. I really loved reading that one even now. It just brings nostalgia to how the Village was once before.", Claire said.

Apparently she heard my muttering.
I continued to open the book, and there were pictures and words.
And each page I flip just brings colors for me.
Some pictures either has words that consists the catalog of that certain picture or just a picture with other pictures that have either faces or buildings.

And as I continued to flip and read, the Village in this picture doesn't seem like the ones that we have now.
In fact, some buildings that are in the pictures are either being constructed or brand new.
But, I guess this was a long time ago huh..

The next page that I flipped piqued my interest.
There was a picture of a stone, and the name that's written on it says The Sun Stone.
It also says in the description that The Sun Stone is the symbol of the Sun Village, keeping the Village from Supernatural dangers and Mythical creatures

"Mythical Creatures..?, Supernatural dangers..?", I muttered to myself.

"Hm? What are you reading now?", Claire asked after she heard my muttering.

"Oh uh, it's still the same book but in this page it says there's a Sun Stone that's keeping you from danger or something..?", I questioned Claire.

"Ohh, that's actually my favorite part of the book! The Sun Stone still exists even now and is still protecting us from Supernatural dangers and Mythical Creatures!", she said with an exciting feeling.

"Eehh, really? Now that I think about it, Mike and Steven did say something about a... Frostbite..?", I said while also attempting to get into Kitty's past.