CHAPTER 5.3 | Takanashi Kiara

I woke up earlier than usual today, and morning greeted me with a cold breeze.

I opened the door from my room and checked the other doors.

"Looks like they're all still asleep..", I muttered quietly.

I quietly closed the door on my room as I got out and went downstairs slowly but surely.

You might be wondering why did I wake up early in the morning?
That's because I want to prepare some food for the family. Even though I have no cooking experience whatsoever, I want to contribute or repay them for what they've done for me.

I put on my jacket that was hanging beside the door and got out.
And unlike the day, early mornings are really cold..
Colder than I expected it to be..

I started to walk towards the market but because of my stupidity, I forgot to bring money.
So I went back to the house to get some, and by the time I arrived there.
Mike was already outside waiting for me.

"M-Mike..?", I said.

"Good Morning, Kiara. What are you doing out so early in the morning?", he asked.

"I.. Uh.. I was just going to buy some ingredients..", I said.

Even though that's the truth, there's still a reason why I really want to cook for them.
Not just to repay them, but for our plan to work as well.

"Why do you want to buy some ingredients?", he asked.

"I.. I want to cook for you guys so that I can repay everything that you've done for me..", I said.

"Hm... Even though you have no cooking experience?"

"Yes.."

Silence followed after our little conversation.
I'm not exactly sure what Mike is thinking about right now, I can't even look at him straight in the eyes..
Not because of my feelings for him, but also because he might found out that I'm lying to him..

"Okay, then. I'll help you cook.", he said.

"Eh?"

"I said, I'll help you cook."

"D-Do you even know how to cook..?", I asked.

"W-Well.. I.. Do have a little experience.. About cooking.."

And that will just make it worse right?
But I guess failure makes us stronger so, what the hell.

"If.. By any chance.. Do you know.. How to cook a curry..?", I asked.

"Eh? A curry? What kind of curry?"

"A chicken curry!", I said.

I don't know why I even picked chicken, but it's the first ingredient that came out from my mind so might as well go with it.

"A chicken curry huh.. I only know a little about a regular curry so this might make it more challenging..", he said.

"W-Will you.. Help me..?", I pleaded.

"Yeah, I'll help you.", he answered without hesitation.

"Really? Yes! Let's go buy the ingredients then!", I said as I rushed towards the market.

"Wait, Kiara! You forgot something!", he said.

"What is it?", I asked back.

As I turned back he then showed me the money that I was supposed to use to buy the ingredients.
But wait, how did he know about the money? Only Claire and I know about this plan right?