CHAPTER 4.3 | Mike

"Phew... Finally I'm done..", I said while wiping my sweat on my forehead.

I just finished arranging my clothes on my room, which is located separately from Kitty's and Claire's room.

Steven asked me to catch up to him at the Town Hall to help him on Kiara's introductory event, I might also buy some snack while I'm going there because I'm getting hungry..

I got out from my room and headed downstairs and noticed that Kiara and Claire are not in the living room with Kitty.

"Kitty? Where's Kiara and Claire?", I asked Kitty who's sitting at the chair.

"Mom said she'll help Kiara pick some clothes for her."

I see, for the introductory event huh..

"Are you hungry?", I asked as I sat down in front of where Kitty is.

"I just had my lunch, so I'm not really hungry.."

"I see, what did you eat for lunch?"

"The leftover steak from earlier, but Mom heated it up before she headed upstairs.."

"I see, is there any left for me?"

"Ah.... I'm sorry.."

As I expected..

"It's okay, I'll just buy some food on my way to the town hall."

"Okay.."

Kitty's a nice kid, although she hasn't opened herself to me, I tried my best to do so.
Kitty has friends, but she's just shy on some of them. She's not really the type to boast or anything.
She's well taught by her parents after all..

I looked around the house, and there aren't any changes from when we left for our 4 day vacation.
Although by the time we arrived back, it was all dusty, and we had to clean everything.

"Mike, you're done already?"

I looked up and saw Claire coming down the stairs as she asked me that question.

"Yeah, I just finished..", I said.

"Okay, did you eat?"

"Apparently.."

I looked at Kitty who quickly hid her face using a pillow as signal to Claire that Kitty ate everything.

"I see, well she is a big eater after all.", Claire said.

"Yeah, we can't do anything about it."

Wait a minute, since Claire is down here..
That means she's done helping Kiara?

"Where's Kiara?", I said as I looked up.

"Oh, she's just finishing up on some stuff. She'll be down by now."

"I see.."

Few seconds have passed and I heard footsteps from upstairs.

"Claire! I'm done!", Kiara said.

"Really? Let me see!", Claire replied.

As Kiara's appearance was about to be shown, my heart started to beat fast.
Is this excitement?
And then she finally.. Appeared.

"T-Tadaa...!", Kiara said.

"Woww! You look so beautiful Kiara!", Claire said.

"Yeah.. Thank you for helping me Claire..!"

"You're welcome!", she said while boasting at the same time.

She came down from the stairs, but in my perspective.
She's slowly coming down, like an elegant Queen in her royal and elegant clothes.
Her hair is braided on the back, and her coat somehow matches her style.
She looks beautiful.

"How do I look?", she asked me when she finally came down.

"Um..."

Think Mike! Think!
Think of a compliment!

"Y-You look... Beautiful!", I said while stuttering.

After I complimented her, her face turned a bit red, she looked down and she smiled.
And my heart beated even faster.

"Eehhhh....."

Claire said those as she's staring at the two of us from our right.
Me and Kiara immediately looked away from each other.

"Okay! Okay! Let's eat our lunch now!", Claire said as she clapped her hands.

"And Mike, you still have to go to the Town Hall to help Steven right?", Claire asked.

"Y-Yeah! I have to go!"

I hurriedly got my jacket and took off, and as Kiara was about to ask something, it was too late since I'm already outside.

I started walking towards the Town Hall, but somehow Kiara's image is still in my head and I can't get rid of it..
What is this? Why is my heart beating faster? Don't tell me this is love?
If it is.. Then..

I just found the perfect Queen for myself.