. Chapter 4 .

Abigail's POV:

It's been a week since I've been working for Jaxon and let me tell you a lot of makeup has been used and brought since my first day on the job.

Tristan has been more angry than usual for the past week or so and he uses me as his punching bag.

I now sit in my office with the blinds closers and trying my best to cover my fresh bruises with tights and long sleeve shirts and long dresses or skirts and loads of makeup.

Last night Tristan came home late and he had lipstick over his face but I knew better than to argue with him, I knew he had been cheating on me for about a month now it used to hurt knowing he was seeing other women but now I just feel numb.

I feel absolutely nothing towards this man not like I used to feel not anymore. Ever since he laid a hand on me two years ago my feelings and love towards him have decreased so much that all is left is hatred.

Once I have successfully covered the cuts and bruises to the best of my ability I decide to head to Jaxon's office for my list of jobs since I got to the office building an hour earlier he wasn't in yet so I just went straight to cover up Tristan's art for that day.

I slowly got up from my chair as my body ached from the cuts and bruises I had all over me and made me way to the office I have grown to know all to well.

"Come in." The same voice I hear every day say from the other side of the huge wooden door.

"Two minutes earlier than usual today Miss. Phoenix I'm surprised your usually right on schedule." Jaxon said from his desk as he started sorting through papers.

"Yeah well I thought I would mix it up a bit and I decided to come two minutes earlier so what do you need me to do today?" I asked while taking a seat in front of his desk in a lazy position.

I have grown to be comfortable around Jaxon he doesn't make me wait to be dismissed and he lets me have my freedom and I feel calm around him and not like I'm stepping on egg shells every second of the day.

"There is no list for you today amore (love) you'll be accompanying me in a meeting today. I need you to take notes for me so what ever is said in the meeting that you feel is relevant or important write it down and give me what you wrote by the end of the meeting." Jaxon said as he stared intently at me.

I started to get a little worried at how closely he was staring at me and scared that he might see my bruised face under my many layers of foundation.

"So what time do we leave." I finally said while swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat.

"We leave in an hour I'll knock at your office door when we are ready to leave but while your waiting could you go across the road to that salad bar and get me and yourself something for lunch so we don't starve to death during this boring ass meeting." Jaxon asked as he handed me his debit card.

"Uh sure is this card contactless?" I asked just to make sure and to save myself the embarrassment of not knowing the pin of the card when it comes to me paying.

"Yeah it is so don't worry about needing the pin to the card and I don't mind what you get me as long as there are no mushrooms inside." Jaxon said as he sat back in his seat.