. Chapter 7 .

Abigail's POV:

When we arrived at his penthouse I walked inside and held my breath.

This house looked more expensive than my mumma's and my house put together.

I looked around and saw the large black leather sofa to the left of me with a huge flat screen in front of it.

I looked behind the sofa to see a set of glass steps leading up to a second floor and further into the house on the left was a small kitchen with a dining table.

The right side of the house had two doors probably leading to Jaxon's office and a bathroom.

The house was beyond beautiful with floor to ceiling windows on the kitchen side of the penthouse, leading you to see over the Italian city.

(This is the penthouse but I imagine it with different furniture (preferably more dark colours) and instead of the small chairs it's a large leather sofa)

"Sorry it isn't clean in here I live alone and I don't know how to use the vacuum cleaner.... So it's a mess sorry." Jaxon says, a hint of embarrassment clear in his tone.

"It's ok I can clean for you while your gone to pay you back for helping me with my Tristan situation and don't worry i won't stay long I just want Tristan to cool down then I'll return to him."

"What. No. Abigail you aren't going back there. What kind of friend would I be if I let you return to your fucking abuser? How could you even think I would want you to leave? You are the best assistant I've had since I started working for the insurance business and I wouldn't mind if you even moved in here." Jaxon quickly covered his mouth after he basically just asked me to move in with and sent me a wide-eyed look.

"I- I don't know Jaxon I mean I know that I need to leave him and I know he's a shit boyfriend and a shit person but I still love him for who he used to be and I'm not ready to let that part of him go yet." I reply and start to rummage through my bag and pull out my book to read.

Books are what keep me sane and what make me happy, it's like my escape from the harsh world called reality.

I plop down on the plush sofa and open up my page where I left off and continue to read the beautiful words of my book, completely ignoring Jaxon's presence at this point.

When I'm in book mode there's no way of talking to me.

I suddenly feel my book being yanked out of my grasp and I watch as Jaxon shuts it and places it on the coffee table behind him as he slides his index finger under my chin and lifts my face up to look into his eyes.