right for you, ben chilwell

ENGLISH VERSION

ENGLISH VERSION

Being in love with your best friend is one of life's biggest clichés. And sometimes it really hurt to see him and his "perfect girlfriend".

You sure as hell wouldn't have gone to karaoke if you knew she'd be there too. Ben was perceptive in hiding it from you. Really insightful.

You tried to keep your attention on Mason's out-of-tune presentation, but his eyes always seemed to betray you when they landed on the couple sitting across from you.

━ If you keep looking at them like that they'll think you're a maniac. ━ Christian said giving his shoulder a little push.

━ I don't know what you're talking about. ━ You changed the conversation.

━ And Mason can sing well. ━ The brunette joked. ━ We already know of his crush on Chilly, only he doesn't seem to notice it.

━ Or he knows and just doesn't talk about it because he doesn't feel the same way about me. His voice came out dismayed, and Christian looked at her sympathetically.

━ If he doesn't notice, maybe he's not right for you, Y/N.

You didn't say anything else, Christian's words running through your head. Maybe he was right. She and Ben had been best friends for years, but maybe they couldn't be more than that.

━ Our next singer is Y/N Y/L/N. ━ You looked at the stage with surprise, you didn't put her name in the performance list.

His eyes fell on Mason who smiled innocently. Motherfucker. The boys made noise encouraging you to go on stage. You took a deep breath before getting up from the table.

Your hands shook a little as you took the presenter's microphone. His eyes scanned the available songs, stopping at one that fit his situation perfectly. His ears picked up the beginning of the melody.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your mood like I do

━ Babe... baby! Come on, please calm down and listen to me! ━ You heard Ben plead in the next room, your phone pressed firmly to his ear as he tried to reason with his current girlfriend. All you knew was that he had shown his sincere side - apparently, not everyone knew he didn't have a filter.

But you knew the athlete more than anyone else, and he might need to stop and pull himself together occasionally, but it all came from his heart.

You were brought back to reality when you heard Ben grunt, dropping the phone against the table and running a hand through his hair. You looked at him with sad eyes, reaching out and placing your hand over his so gently.

━ Want to talk about it, Chill? ━ You asked him, watching as the corner of his lips twitched into a small smile with the nickname you gave him.

━ I don't believe you can save me from this situation, Y/N. ━ Ben manages to say, clearing his throat to help transition into a new conversation.