termination, part ²

ENGLISH VERSION

Euphoria. As soon as the final whistle blew Mason ran onto the field as did all of his teammates. They were champions, Champions League champions. One of his biggest dreams had come true. And he was only twenty-two years old. It was crazy.

Looking at the first place gold medal, his eyes watered, and his head shook sideways, he couldn't believe he had actually made it. The little boy from Portsmouth was Champion of the Champions. All his effort and dedication led him to this moment. It was amazing.

When his family came into the field his eyes instinctively searched for a specific person. A pang of disappointment sank in his heart when he realized she wasn't there. She was no longer present at any of his games.

━ She didn't come, did she? ━ They were the first words that escaped his mouth when his mother hugged him.

━ No, dear. We sent her tickets, but she returned them with thanks. I'm sorry. ━ His eyes grew hotter with the accumulation of new tears. The feeling of being ignored hurt. But he knew he shouldn't even come close to what Y/N felt the day he broke up.

He couldn't blame anyone else for the situation he was going through. He was solely and exclusively at fault. He broke up a solid four-year dating, all because he wanted to know what it was like to be a twenty-one-year-old single. He quickly found out that he made the biggest mistake of his life.

For the first few weeks his weekends were spent at clubs, lots of girls interested in him, he thought that was cool. As time went on he finally realized, those girls didn't care who he was, they just wanted to be with him because he was who he was, the young star of Chelsea FC and one of the talents of the England team. They just wanted to show that they had already passed through his bed. Nothing else.

Then reality knocked on his door. He didn't have a girlfriend any more, the house was always empty when he got back from practice, the closet had a big blank space, one side of his bed was always cold. Everything looked empty, and it really was.

And the only culprit was him. He'd hurt the person next to him for most of his life, ending up with the girl he'd promised to love until he turned grey. All because of a petty and carnal desire. She was no longer there to support him in his achievements and defeats. They were nothing else.

And that hurt.

━ I ruined everything, she was supposed to be here today, that was her dream too. I miss her so much. ━ He sighed when he felt the arms of his family circle him.

━ Everything will be fine, son. We are here with you, Y/N must be proud of you. We all are. ━ His father's words made his heart beat faster. Would she be proud of him?

━ I love you!

━ We love you too, Mase. ━ His brother proclaimed. ━ Now come on, let's take some pictures with that nice cup.